Is your weather still Christmas-y? Well, have I got a deal for you then ......
I offered a recipe as an alternative to the sketch which went along the lines of:
- Take lots of glitter, add a button, a stamped image and some patterned paper and simmer till a card comes out!
Here's the sketch I designed
|Sparkly and blingy!|
|In case you can't see how sparkly - here's the close up!|
- 300 gsm white C5 card and matching sized envelope
- Patterned paper (from an 8" x 8" stack that I've had so long I don't recall its origins
- Strip of gold patterned card layered on to gold mirri card
- 11½ cm square of gold mirri card
- 11 cm square of red patterned card from a DCWV stack
- Die cut scalloped circle of gold mirri card
- Die cut plain circle of white card
- Forever Friends image inked using Memento tuxedo black and coloured with pro markers, flitter glue and crystal glamour dust (for the sparkle).
- Once the glitter/glue was dry I used a Tim Holtz blending tool (with foam pad) and distress inks in Antique linen and tumbled glass to lightly colour the white part of the image circle
- Costco wide wired satin ribbon (with the wire removed)
- White button coloured with classic gold liquid leaf, applied using a cotton bud - so much EASIER than cleaning out a paintbrush!
- Red/White bakers twine threaded through the button holes
|The stamped wrapping|
|The wrapped gift|
- IKEA brown paper roll (£1.95p for 8m)
- Hampton Arts sentiment and We R Memory Keepers plane image stamped multiple times using Versafine onyx black ink as it shows the densest - though if it was likely to go through the post I think I'd probably have gone with Ranger Archival jet black but hey .......
- Red organza ribbon
- For the tag: I used a Go Kreate tag die, TPC Studio plane and Funstamps sentiment and the versafine ink
Kind of topical given the weather we've been having of late! Have a great weekend and stay warm and safe peeps!