Saturday, 19 January 2013

Second post of the day ...... SURPRISE!

Morning folks,

Me again - second post of the day!! I know I said I would try to wean myself off two posts in a day but - you know me, it's not like I coudld NOT have a go (on a Saturday) at the Simply Less Is More challenge this week. The challenge was "FRIENDS" and I said in my earlier post that I had the perfect image ... WRONG!!! I had TWO perfect images so had to make a decision. Interestingly enough BOTH were from Crafty Individuals. If you missed my first post then please check it out as I had two cards in it, one challenge card and one using a fab technique featured in Novembers Craft Stamper - a GLORIOUS collage / journal style - mmmmmm and using distress inks and perfect pearls. Curious? Check it out here


Materials used:
  • 15cm square, white, scallop edged 300 gsm card and matching sized envelope
  • 6½ x 10 cm white card panel - border coloured with Brilliance pearlescent beige DTP
  • Overstamped using a Kaisercraft grid image inked with Brilliance pearlescent rich cocoa
  • 6 x 9½cm white card panel on to which I stamped my Crafty Individuals image using Memento rich cocoa
  • I waterbrushed Distress Inks in tea dye, squeezed lemonade and peacock feathers to lightly colour the image
  • Using a Tim Holtz blending tool and a blending mat I applied Distress Ink in tea dye to "age" the panel
  • Bakers twine wrapped around my card twice and then tied in a knot off centre
  • Kaisercraft sentiment stamped using Memento rich cocoa

And here's a close up which shows the sheen and detail of the background panel - hopefully!

Hope you like, all I now have to decide is to which of my good friends I should send this to!

Hope you have a good weekend and, if you have snow and/or ice then please take care out there .... or, better still, stay in and craft!!!

26 comments:

Chrissie said...

What a great image and sentiment for our challenge this week Kathy!
Super job!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Kobie Fouché said...

Your card is gorgeous as always....

Hope you keeping well...
Say Hi to everyone for me on the bubble...
Hugs Kobie

Lauren Hatwell said...

Now THAT is a lovely card Kathy. Good luck with the challenge.

Lx

Debs M said...

great card Kathy x

Kim Hall said...

Kathy you have made a lovely card, the sentiment is gorgeous.

Vicky Hayes said...

This is lovely Kathy and a great friendship image. Vicky x

Jan Ltc said...

Fab card Kathy xx Jan

Craftyrose said...

ooh this is loverly Kathy! xx

Elaine said...

Great card - love the image you've used. They're definitely friends!

Skye said...

A lovely card. The sentiment is inspirational. Great image and colouring

Chris said...

Lovely card, Kathy. It's a ggreat stamp and beautiful sentiment.
Chris
x

catherine said...

I love this one Kathy and a great image
x catherine

Gillian said...

Love the image, very vintage.

Jen said...

love the vintage look kathy

Thanks for Joining us this week
Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Suze Bain said...

Such a fabulous image and sentiment. A lovely card. xx

Suzilou said...

What a great image and do like that sentiment, fantastic card Kathy :)

Sue said...

Super card, Kathy! The image and sentiment are lovely.

Brenda Brown said...

Love how you have used this image, it's gorgeous. Xx

Lilian said...

Another great card kathy. Love the image. Hugs
lilian

Katina said...

Fab image and sentiment Kathy!
x

My name is Wynneth said...

What a great 'friends' card kathy, love that CI image. Great vintage style solours and fabulous CAS style.

luv
wynneth
x

Susan said...

You're right! That is definitely the perfect image for this week's challenge! Fab card!

Lynne said...

Thats a fabulous image Kathy and perfect for a friend card.
Lynne xxx

Viv's Visuals said...

Perfect for this challenge Kathy! Great sentiment too.

Claudia said...

Hi Kathy, lovely stamp and lovely idea also to add some twine in this little special way, very effectful.

Thanks for all your lovely comments and for the time you invested for it and sorry for my late commenting, but business is eating me up at the moment. So time is rare for crafting and commenting is getting lost, sorry!

Hugs Claudia

Linda said...

Lovely card Kathy. Fab image and the perfect sentiment. xx