Sunday, 13 January 2013

Sunday morning and it's blooming cold!

Hi there,

Bit parky here this morning but, NO SNOW which makes me VERY happy! Have any of you got snow? If so, wrap up warm and take care

Two cards and a project to share this morning. This first card fits two challenges; the first being Addicted to CAS where the challenge is "EMBOSSING" and the second is 52 Christmas Card Throwdown where the challenge is to use "Purple, metallic silver and white" ....



Materials used:
  • 12½ cm square white, 250 gsm card and matching sized envelope
  • 12 cm square purple card panel
  • 11½ cm square white card panel run through my big shot inside an embossing folder
  • Recollections bauble image and Hero Arts sentiment inked in Memento grape jelly on to a white card panel 6 x 6½ cm and with opposing corners rounded
  • 6½ x 7 cm silver mirri card panel
  • Short length of narrow purple satin ribbon
Hope you like this two for one card! Here's a closer shot - to s how the embossing detail (hopefully) a little better ....


I also cracked on with my take on Clare's second on-line lesson too. If you missed lesson II or lesson I then click on the lesson you missed and catch up!

 Materials used:
  • (see yesterday's post for basics) PLUS
  • Faber Castell Pitt pen for zentangle doodles and the modicum of journaling
  • Creative Expressions "chicken wire" image stamped randomly using Memento rich cocoa ink
There's a new challenge on the Pan Pastels blog too and it's "NEW YEAR, NEW TECHNIQUE and remember ...... you DON'T HAVE to use pan pastels but you DO have the opportunity to win some of these fab pastel/chalk pans of loveliness! GOOD LUCK. Here's my entry, using ZENTANGLE which I've also used on my previous entry but which is DEFINITELY a different technique for me - I like precise lines .... normally!!! See how you like it, I've stolen and adapted the idea from Clare's lesson II and woke up this morning with this in my head! How handy that the Pan Pastels challenge just happened by shortly after!



Materials used:
  • 12½ cm square, 250 gsm white card and matching sized envelope
  • 12cm square black card panel
  • 11½ cm square white card panel
  • Hampton Arts circle stamps inked using versamark ink and then Pan Pastel in neutral grey applied over the top using a cosmetic sponge and then set with hairspray.
  • Imagine That sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Faber Castell "S" pitt pen used to zentangle my little socks off ...... only drawback was that the pitt pen clogged periodically - not sure whether it was the PP or the hairspray but easily fixed by simply drawing an inch or so on to scratch paper and carrying on ..... perhaps next time I'll try with an "F" thickness and see if that makes a difference

VOILA!!! A masculine card - what's not to like?

Have a perfectly splendid day and, if you have ice or snow then do be careful out there.

22 comments:

Debs M said...

great makes Kathy and great idea to do a card - the zentangle looks great! Have a good Sunday x

Kylie said...

Awesome embossing, Kathy. Love your card!! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS! xx

scrappyjacky said...

Great cards,Kathy....and no snow here....yet!!

My name is Wynneth said...

WOW ! loving these fabulous projects kathy, amazing Zentangle and the Lesson Two project is awesome. I haven't had chance to try or even check out Clare's second lesson yet, can't wait to get to it ! I too had probs writing/drawing over PPs/hairspray in the past, like you I don't know if it is the PPs or the spray that's the problem.

Love your embossed card too, not surprised you wanted to enter that challenge with a colour combo right up your street !

No snow here today, there is a blue sky and sunshine though, such a welcome change from the grey skies and rain so I don't mind the colder temp.

Have a great sunday.
luv
wynneth
x

Sylv said...

Great embossed card, love the layering and matting for the bauble. Like your zentangle page this is something I want to try this year.

Sue Bridesmith said...

Love your Cards Kathy, they are so inspiring, that I have joined in on a couple of the card challenges, thank you for the comment on my photos, as you quoted, maybe one day I will be a photographer..........

Brenda said...

Stunning cards! Love that ornament and the embossed background.

Brenda Brown said...

My word you were sharp out of the starting blocks this morning. Great projects and thanks for linking to the PanPastel challenge again this week.
Enjoy your Sunday.
Hugs Brenda xox

clare said...

fantastic projects kathy. x

Karen Bourke said...

Lovely cards Kathy. Thanks so much for joining us at A2CAS.

Karen x

Sue said...

Lovely embossing and bauble, Kathy! A pretty CAS Christmas card. Thank you for joining us at ATCAS. Sue x

catherine said...

More great projects Kathy. great work with the journalling page. IT is snowing now with me
x catherine

Jo said...

Fab cards Kathy, I love zentangle, but never thought to use it on a card before, thanks for sharing yours, it looks great :)
Jo xx

Katiejane said...

As creative as ever and still loving your dedication to your stock getting ahead for next Christmas.
We've only have a slight sprinkling of snow so far today, over the next few days we are supposed to get more though. There I was thinking Spring was on its way! It's mega (not really just -3, seems like it though) freezing so keeping warm with a hot cuppa and hope you are too.
Have a great week Kathy.
Katie x

Terry said...

Thank you for sharing your fabby projects Kathy with the DT from PanPastel UK lovely colors too hugs terry xxxx

Mynnette said...

I just LOVE the fabulous use of that mirror card! And your CAS design is fabulous...also love your page!!! I'm about to blog my first page--I am a little late to Clare's party, but I am SO excited! Thanks so much for joining us at 52CCT and hope you join us again SOON! :)

Danielle Vincent said...

You've used our colors so perfectly this week to make a gorgeous CAS card. Thanks so much for joining us at 52CCT!

Anastasia (Νατάσα) said...

All three cards are so beautiful! Love the embossing and colour combo of the first one. Thank you for playing along with us at ATCAS!

Harriet Skelly said...

I really like the purple and silver combination! The embossing gives your card even more texture! Thanks for playing with us at ATCAS!

Ruth M said...

Great Christmas card Kathy, I love your layout and the embossed background. The rounded corners add such a fab touch too!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at 52 {C}CT & I hope you join us again very soon! Ruth x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really fabulous, I love the neutral tones, it really draws the eye to the zentangle patterns. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
Lindsay xx

clare said...

fab page is was too, i am glad my linky thing works! xx