Sunday, 30 March 2014

Happy Mothers Day

Hi there,

Happy Mothers Day to my U.K. readers and to all who don't celebrate it too! Me? Neither hubby nor I still have our beloved mum's so it's just another day to us, although we reflect on the times when we did.
 
I have a card to share with you today .....  Sketch Saturday's new challenge says you can pick your fave sketch from numbers 215 - 302! I was rather taken with number 217, so, here's my card:-

My card, using the sketch below

And the co-ordinating inside and envelope - the design is on the  front too

Materials used:
  • 12½cm square white, 300 gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 12cm and 11½cm white card panels plus off cuts of white card and patterned card (DCWV grandma's kids)
  • Memento sweet plum used to make a coloured border on the larger white card layers
  • Kaisercraft "tiny dots" stamped on to the background white card panel
  • Stampington's "punchinella" image stamped numerous times using Brilliance orchid ink
  • Stampers Anonymous "cupcake" image (from blueprint mini set acquired recently) stamped using Memento sweet plum ink
  • Penny Black sentiment (from the "tweet tweet" set of clear stamps) stamped on to white card off cut using Memento tuxedo black and cut in to a banner shape and mounting on to a sweet plum coloured panel
  • Offcut of my DCWV card mounted on to a sweet plum bordered panel
  • Glitter "droplets" to embellish and finish

You can see from the bottom photo that I carried my design across to the inside of the card and both the front and back of the envelope too - I like this co-ordinated effect and usually do this though I don't always photograph it too. Since I used snippets I shall be entering this across at the new challenge over on Pixie's Crafty Workshop too!

And, as per their instructions, here's the sketch I selected:-
 
 
CAS on Sunday's new challenge is to use stitching (faux or real) on a project,  so I may be working on that next, although, it IS a gorgeous sunny day outside - and still only a little after 10:00!!!

Have a great Mothers Day/Sunday


12 comments:

  1. great card - love that image! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab card Kathy, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch Kathy. Happy Snippets Day! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lovely sketch...and lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card hun love the images and always love how you do the insides hufs cheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. great background and love the fantastic image and simple layout
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing card :) I love to see how u work with the inside n the envelope of ur card .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a great Mum's day too - and the sun was shining for us here as well, so that was a bonus. Love the card, & thought it was even funnier when you put the cake 'behind bars' on the insert.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant Kathy! LOVe the sketch you chose and the card is beautiful.

    Sorry I'm a bit late commenting - didn't expect such a rush of little feet into the Playground yesterday!

    Hugs

    Di
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your take on the sketch, Kathy! Your card is lovely - inside and outside! I especially love what you did inside. Brilliany layering of the stamps. Thanks for playing along at Sketch Saturday this week! Hope to see your work again soon. Cathy xx DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kathy, this is a most interesting card. I'm loving the cupcake blueprint look, but the colored squares behind really punch up the cupcake design. Love the textured look of your stamped background too. Great take on that sketch. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great take on this sketch. Love the stencil/stamp that looks like netting and love the way you tied in the inside of the card with your theme!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really look forward to them and appreciate them all. My blog doesn't accept anonymous comments due to high levels of spam.


Kathy