Saturday, 29 March 2014

Second post - I'm back with some challenge entries ..

Afternoon,

Since our weather forecast for the day is intermittent thunder storms and we were certainly wakened during the night by the rain, it seems silly to make big plans for the day so .... it was off to the table of craftiness for me. As a result I'm back with a card which fits two challenges, if you missed my earlier (and slightly purple) post then follow this link.
 
My card fits both the Simply Less Is More lucky dip challenge of "Round and Round" and the new challenge over at Addicted to CAS where their codeword challenge is: "Wheels" - I think you will see what I mean ... I've gone with punchinella in the background (circles) and train wheels which certainly go round and round!!
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • 14cm square chocolate and 13½cm square Kraft card panels for matting
  • 13cm square white card panel on to which I "swiped" Distress Ink in antique linen (turns out it's not a colour I use as much as I thought I would when I bought it! Always good to use seldom used stash!
  • Stampington "punchinella" image stamped in the same D.I.
  • Prima "train" image stamped crisply using Versafine onyx black ink
  • TPC Studio sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink too
 

Have a great Saturday

18 comments:

Debs M said...

looks great - fab stamp x

SARN said...

Cool male-orientated card here Kathy!

Hope your thunderstorm passes quickly.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Ooh! I know a few people who would LOVE that card Kathy. It's fab! Good luck with your challenge too. Lx

Lesley Thomas said...

I've been out all day at my craft group, fabric painting and goodness only knows. Love the cards, especially the thistles.

Gerrina said...

Great way to combine these challenges! Great design and beautiful stamp! Have a sunny weekend, Gerrina

Margaret said...

A fabulous card Kathy
Margaret x

cheryl Baker said...

Oh this is great hun love the stamps you have used very effective hugs cheryl xx

Jenni's Jems said...

Great stamping and colour combo! x

Karen M said...

Very cool card Kathy and I love your train image:) xx

Brenda Brown said...

Love this train image and the simplicity of your design. Great card xx

Lesley Thomas said...

Happy Mother's Day to all your blog followers Kathy. Off to lunch soon with my DD, so not much time today.

Lynne said...

Great card Kathy, love your train.
Lynne xxx

crafty-stamper said...

you make fantastic CAS cards and this is fabulous love the image and love the background
carol x

Jan Ltc said...

Great card thanks for joining us over at Less is More hope you will join in again next time.
xx Jan GDT

Loll Thompson said...

Cool vintage image ... love it paired with the punchinella background. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

Chrissie said...

This looks terrific Kathy!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A brilliant take on the "Wheels" challenge Kathy - love the steam train image and the inky background.
Thanks so much for joining us again at ATCAS - Sylvia.

Karen B said...

Great card Kathy. Love the stencilled background and that fab steam train. Thanks for playing along at ATCAS.

Karen x