Friday, 28 March 2014

Welcome to both the weekend AND the Friday Funny!

Morning all
 
Well, I was right about it being a good week and I hope your week has been likewise. Got plans for the weekend? I'm hoping we'll manage to meet up with some friends but we'll just have to wait and see how that pans out!
 
I recently mentioned a new Rudolph Day challenge over on craftbubble 2½ (registration required). The new challenge was to embellish ...... my recent style has been way more CAS and this was quite difficult for me but, I'm no quitter!
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 14cm square black card panel
  • 13½cm square grey card panel
  • 13cm square white card panel
  • Kaisercraft "script" image stamped three times on the white card panel using Versamark ink and then pan pastel in red applied using a Sofft tool, buffed and then set using hairspray and set aside to dry
  • 18cm length of white lace attached to this backing panel
  • Christmas Tilda image stamped on to white card using Memento tuxedo black ink and cut out
  • Alcohol markers used to colour the image
  • White card and Black card fancy rectangle die cuts
  • Distress Inks in worn lipstick and barn door applied using a Tim Holtz blending tool and foam pad
  • Kaisercraft "triangles" stamped using Distress Ink in barn door
  • Two holes punched using my crop-a-dile before adding two "sugared" silver brads as embellishments
 
I'm debating a couple of faux gemstones, perhaps at each end of the message banner - your thoughts readers?

And now for the Friday Funny, this week courtesy of my pal SandraT - thanks matey, you're in the draw. To the rest of you .... ENJOY
 
Why am I Divorced?

Last week was my birthday and I didn't feel very well waking up on that morning. I went downstairs for breakfast hoping my husband would be pleasant and say, 'Happy Birthday!',  and possibly have a small present for me.


As it turned out, he barely said good morning, let alone 'Happy Birthday.'


I thought...... well, that's marriage for you, but the kids.... they will remember.


My kids came bounding down stairs to breakfasts and didn't say a word.


So when I left for the office, I felt pretty low and somewhat despondent.

As I walked into my office, my handsome Boss Rick, said, 'Good Morning, lady, and by the way "Happy Birthday!"


It felt a little better that at least someone had remembered.


I worked until one o'clock, when Rick knocked on my door and said, 'You know, it's such a beautiful day outside, and it is your birthday, what do you say we go out to lunch,  just you and me....'


I said, 'Thanks, Rick, that's the greatest thing I've heard all day. Let's go!'


We went to lunch. But we didn't go where we normally would go. He chose instead a quiet bistro with a private table. We had two martinis each and I enjoyed the meal tremendously.


On the way back to the office, Rick said, 'You know, it's such a beautiful day... we don't need to go straight back to the office, do we?'


I responded, 'I guess not.


What do you have in mind?'


He said, 'Let's drop by my place, it's just around the corner.'


After arriving at his house, Rick turned to me and said, If you don't mind, I'm going to step into the bedroom for just a moment. I'll be right back.'



'Ok.' I nervously replied.


He went into the bedroom and, after a couple of minutes, he came out carrying a huge birthday cake ....



followed by my husband, my kids, and dozens of my friends and co-workers, all singing 'Happy Birthday'.







And I just sat there....







On the couch......







Naked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


  
I know, you probably ALL saw that punchline coming but .... still funny!!!
 
Have a great weekend everyone



6 comments:

Viv said...

Great card Kathy, loving the bright colour and the cute Tilda....yes I think I might add a couple of clear gems to the banner.Great Friday funny too he he.....no didn't see that coming either!:) Viv xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

...well it made me smile anyway... Actually it made me laugh out loud :oD Another fantabulous Friday Funny and ANOTHER GREAT CARD - Woohoo - The embellishments you picked suit you style and your card perfectly so I'd say job done

Lx

SARN said...

Smirking at the FF this week Kathy.

Sweet festive card too.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

Great card Kathy! And although I'd heard a similar tale before I still almost spat coffee over the screen here! You need to put a warning up beforehand :)

Hugs

di
xx

Lilian said...

Lovely card Kathy, Love the image
I love the Friday funny,
Hugs
lilian

Debs M said...

great make - love the ff! x