Another lovely day in the offing today though it is supposed to cool off later in the day and to rain tomorrow - an excuse to stay in and craft, if you ask me!
Completely stuffed after a visit to the Red Lobster last evening and some of their FAB-u-LOUS cheddar bay biskwits - mmmmmm. They are currently running a LOBSTERfest menu so we just had to, fortunately, it's not one of those where you have to pick your lobster. GOOD, 'cos I couldn't do that. Had a $10 coupon AND we were given some gift vouchers for Christmas so used them - cheap meal!
I had, in my hot sticky little hand the Dylusions "couture" mini's - $12.99 and thought I had a 40% discount coupon which would make them surprisingly reasonable but ......... expired coupon alert!!! How weird? It's the app on my phone and yet it had not updated - Grrr and you all KNOW those Dylusions mini coutures are a pretty rare commodity. Guess I'll just have to hope they're still in stock when I get back there with a valid coupon! I had to go on-line and fiddle about in my account and then suddenly, as if by magic, the app updated - all by itself. Now it they've sold out by the time I get back ............ there'll be trouble!
- ATC blank
- Off cut of white card, cut to ATC size
- Distress Ink in worn lipstick placed on the ATC in a geometric pattern to create a background and then used to ink up my Kaisercraft "chequer" and then barn door used to ink my "old script" image
- Distress Ink in wild honey used to ink up my Kaisercraft "grid image"
- Stampers Anonymous "man with umbrella" and sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
- I then filled in any "gaps" in the ATC using the S.A. flourish image and Memento rosebud ink
- Finally, I added a couple of faux crystal gemstones to the ends of flourishes and some stardust stickles to the "fatter" parts of the sentiment lettering to give the ATC a completely different feel to the first.
- 15cm square white, 250 gsm card blank and matching sized envelope
- Black card (14cm square) and pewter "linen effect" metallic card (13½cm square) from DCWV for matting
- Four times each of the following: White card (3cm square) pewter metallic card (3½cm square) and black card (4cm square) for the image panels
- I stamped my Kaisercraft "tiny dots" using Memento rosebud and "script" using Memento lilac posies centrally on my background white card panel.
- For my central multi image section I stamped an Inkadinkado "inchie" four times using Memento lilac posies ink before matting and then positioning on my backing panel
I've not put a sentiment for two reasons, 1) the sketch didn't show one and 2) I think it might fit many occasions so I'll wait till I know which I intend to use it for and will then pick a suitable sentiment.
And the Stamplorations sketch I used?
Have a fab Tuesday