Wednesday, 2 April 2014

Happy What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Morning peeps

Welcome to April though I still have little idea what exactly happened to March!!! However, that said, I shouldn't be churlish about how April's started ... warm and sunny - long may that continue!

On a bit of a crafting kick so this post is a little photo heavy, you might want to pull up a chair! Don't say you weren't warned!

First of all I have a challenge card to share ....



Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Off cuts of white card
  • Larger card panel edged using Memento lilac posies to give a co-ordinating border
  • Smaller card panel stamped with lol image from Hampton Arts, using Memento sweet plum ink
  • Kaisercraft "tiny dots" and "chequer" images stamped using Brilliance orchid ink
  • Penny Black circles image stamped using Versacolour malted mauve ink
  • Studiog wine glass image stamped numerous times using Memento lilac posies ink

I will be entering this for the "JOKE" challenge over at CASology. FYI I DIDN'T mess up the stamping of the sentiment, it really DOES look blurred ... or is that we've ALL had too much wine!?!?!?
 
And then a few ATC's to share with you:-
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • White card cut to ATC size
  • Stampers Anonymous (blue print mini) "dressmakers dummy" image stamped twice using Versamark ink before adding Diarylide yellow pan pastel over the entire ATC. I then buffed with paper towel and set with hairspray
  • Stampers Anonymous "vintage sewing machine" stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • I then added just a little permanent red pan pastel around the edges using a fine Sofft tool and then buffed and blurred the edges with paper towel before setting this layer with hairspray too
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • White card cut to ATC size
  • Penny Black "foliage" (from the clear set "tweet tweet") stamped using versamark ink
  • Diarylide yellow and permanent red pan pastels applied using Sofft tools before buffing with paper towel and setting with hairspray
  • Penny Black bird image (from the same set) stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Penny Black foliage (as above) stamped using Versafine vintage sepia ink, which I then used to edge the ATC too

As you can see, I was having a bit of a pan pastel session. Why use the same two colours on both? That's an easy one! Those are the only two colours I have with me - I won them by entering one of the challenges over on the Pan Pastels blog.

Then I thought it was about time I went back to another tried, tested and loved technique - distress inks!



Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • DCWV linen effect metallic card off cut
  • Black card off cut, edged with Color Box white ink
  • I used my crop-a-dile to punch two holes and also to set two copper coloured eyelets
  • Black/white and tan/white bakers twine threaded through the two eyelets and tied in a knot
  • White card off cut, coloured using a blending tool and Distress Inks: barn door, fired brick, tea dye and black soot
  • Stampers Anonymous mini blue print compass stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • FYI I am currently using Aleene's tacky glue for my projects but I don't know that I care for it and prefer the glue I have been using recently, which is Cosmic Shimmer "dries clear" acrylic glue

And, since it's the first What's On Your Work Desk of April ....

Here's my work desk

And my limited stash which, I agree, doesn't loo ALL that limited when put out like that!
 
I'm a happy bunny .... who doesn't love new stash? I nipped in to Joann's with a 40% discount coupon clutched in my hand (well actually, I have the Joann's app on my phone but - you get the idea) and I bought the goodies below for less than $40 - ALL already discounted so the coupon wasn't deployed!! I DO love a bargain, don't you?



I don't know about you but I think this is a pretty nice view to be looking at whilst waiting for your lift!



Have a great Wednesday


8 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

You have been busy....buying and making!!
April has started warm and sunny here as well....long may it continue.

SARN said...

. . . and wishing you a Happy Midweek day too Kathy.

LOVE the look of your ATCS - such variety and inkiness!

Your 'joke' card is brilliant too. Very difficult category to do.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lesley Thomas said...

Great cards, you have spoilt us today. And I too love a bargain, well done for treating yourself.

cheryl Baker said...

super work hun love the card great sentiment great stamps you have used on the atc's the colours are fab love your work space too hugs cheryl xx

Hettie said...

Bwahahahahaha! Love your joke card! Missing my wine right now - gave up for Lent and so far been very good!
Lovely ATCs too!
Hugs
xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wow! What a bonanza post this has been. FAB cards at the top (Cosmic Shimmer is my fave glue too by the way), gorgeous scrummy stash too. LOVE LOVE LOVE all those sentiments PLUS a little lookie at lovely Florida too. Thanks for sharing :oD Looks like a real trial...NOT!!!

Lx

MaryH said...

Some lovely cards, Miss Kathy. I like what I'm seeing with the pans. Aren't they such fun to work with, and congrats on winning some. Loved your PB card too, cute sentiment. I'm loving the palm tree pics, and the JoAnn's looks like one we visit in Citrus Park Fla. (a very, very nice one!) There's an older one closer to Madeira Beach where we go also, but I love the nice big one. Yay for snaring some good bargains. TFS & hugs

Gillian R said...

I love your wine card! So much fun. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology