Friday, 4 April 2014

Welcome to the end of another week

Hi peeps,

Since the weekend starts here - have a good one, peeps! Got plans?
 
Me? Well, we have all sorts of things in the pipeline but nothing firmed up yet. I do, however, have an ATC to share with you today:-
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Black card cut to ATC size
  • Offcut of DCWV green floral card, off cut of a piece of DCWV foiled border card
  • Magnolia mini Tilda image stamped on to white card using Memento tuxedo black
  • Alcohol markers to colour
  • Recollections "ripped tape" image stamped on to white card using Brilliance orchid ink
  • TPC Studio sentiment stamped on top of the orchid image using Versafine onyx black ink, the sentiment panel was then matted on to black card using my Xyron sticker maker
  • Faux crustal gemstones used to embellish
 
And now for a challenge entry .... Over at Sketch Saturday they had a "take your pick" challenge from previous challenges. I had selected sketch #217 for my post earlier in the week and I really liked this sketch so thought I would have another go and see how different I could make it ......




Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • One piece of 8" x 8" DCWV metallic gold card
  • Black card for matting and white card for my sentiment and image panel
  • On the gold metallic panel layer I stamped Kaisercraft "grid" and "chequer" images using Color Box sahara sand ink
  • On the white image panel I "plonked" the following Distress Inks: scattered straw, wild honey and tea dye - to give a more geometric background
  • Inkadinkado image from the "Meadow" set, I was reminded to use this by crafting buddy, Jan
  • I then stamped the border from my new Stampers Anonymous sentiment set using Versafine vintage sepia and the sentiment using Versafine onyx black ink

Hope you like it and feel it to be sufficiently different to enter in the above challenge, I think it's a much more sophisticated take on the sketch but, then again, that could just be me! Here's a reminder of the sketch ..


I'm also planning to enter it over at the Stamplorations challenge blog their new challenge is to use "Stamps and a technique" ...... I am loving the truly simple technique of DTP (Direct To Paper)  with Distress Ink - I love the geometric effect of the square ink pad.

And I made a Christmas card for the Craftbubble Rudolph Day challenge (registration required) which is to "use embellishments"




Materials used:
  • 12½cm square white, 250 gsm card and matching sized envelope
  • 12cm square black card panel
  • 11½cm square white card panel
  • Offcuts of black, white and metallic green card
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle pine bough image coloured using Marvy le plume markers directly on to the stamp
  • Stardust stickles to highlight the pine cone images
  • White satin ribbon with sentiment on
  • Michaels iridescent snowflake embellishments attached using Glossy Accents

Had a lovely meal out with our neighbours yesterday, Italian. I ordered the Stromboli (and I was expecting it to look rolled) which looked like how I expect a Calzone to look - can anyone help me with the difference between the two?

And now for the Friday Funny - Friday's wouldn't be Friday's without starting with a chuckle now ..... would it. This week comes to you courtesy of Marsha, thanks Marsha, you're in the draw!


Couldn't help my self in  sending this ........................................
 
              Dear Darling

An elderly lady was invited to an old friend’s home for dinner one evening.

She was impressed by the way her lady friend preceded every request to her husband with endearing terms such as: Honey, My Love, Darling, Sweetheart, etc. The couple had been married almost 70 years and,
clearly, they were still very much in love. While the husband was in the living room, her lady friend leaned over to her hostess to say, 'I think it's wonderful that, after all these years, you still call your husband all those loving names.'

The elderly lady leaned close, 'I have to tell you the truth,' she said, 'his name slipped my mind about 10 years ago, and I'm scared to death to ask the cranky old git what his name is.!!!! 
 
 


Have a great Friday, everyone.
 

8 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

You HAVE been busy. Loving all your cards. The yellow on your second Sketch Saturday card is SO SCRUMMY and, it's not just you, the card IS very sophisticated. Love it!

Oh you brave person using THREE of those gorgeous acrylic snowflakes...sigh.... and I LOVE that gorgeous bough with pine cones image. It's FAB!

Lx

Lesley Thomas said...

Had to laugh at your funny Kathy, I have always had problems remembering people's names! Is this the start of the slippery slope I wonder?

Love the cards, I always like any form of umbelifer, and you've done another great C. card too.

Lesley Thomas said...

Sorry, it should read "umbellifer".

Deepti said...

Lovely cards, all of these look great but my fab is the third one :)

Hettie said...

Haa Haa! I have heard this before but it is still funny.
Love that yellow card. Just up my street.
Hugs
xx

SARN said...

Chuckled at the FF.

Loving the cards you're showing here Kathy.

Happy Weekend.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Debs M said...

great ff - fabby makes - love the second - the sahara sand looks great x

shirley-bee said...

I love the effects you can get with Direct to Paper, thanks for sharing your favourite technique with us at STAMPlorations!