Thursday, 24 June 2010

Back again and I've had a little time to craft!!!

Here I am - back again as it's several hours later and I've FINALLY managed some crafting. I made this card simply because I wanted to use my beautiful Hero Arts "Silhouette Grass" stamp and my Black Soot Distress Embossing Powder and MICA powders . . . . .I stamped the Grasses first time using versamark ink, sprinkled EP and heated then stamped again (much lower) using Aged Mahogany D.I., sprinkled EP and heated again. Once cooled I rubbed the excess away to reveal some of the finish underneath. I then used my Tim Holtz blending tool and distress inks in Milled Lavender, Dusty Concorde, Chipped Sapphire and Aged Mahogany on the white card and, whilst still a little damp, applied a mica powder in an iridescent pink before setting with hairspray. And yes, there's PURPLE involved . . . . AGAIN!!! Then, taking three each of two designs of holographic butterfly peel off made them 3D and placed them on the grasses. The panel was then layered on to black card and silver mirri card. I stamped the sentiment, using memento Tuxedo black, on to white card and then mounted on to silver mirri card using two silver star brads and then abutted my panel to the main image panel and stuck down, finally finishing the card by applying gold stickles round the sentiment. So, I've shown the completed card below left and a close up of the 3D butterflies below right - whaddya reckon?


5 comments:

Karen said...

Kathy this is brilliant! It reminds me of the grasses round the lakes in Florida where we used to watch the dragon flies.

xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

WOW! Spectacular! This is just great Kathy. I really love this style. Lauren x

Lauren Hatwell said...

By the way, your quote is from Chamber of Secrets and Harry replies "You're doomed". LOL. What a saddo eh? Though I admit that was quite easy to start with. I'm enjoying it already! Great idea! Lx

judie said...

I adore this Kathy, so brilliant, I love the way your cards are all so different - well done xx

Debs M x said...

great blog and GORGEOUS cards Kathy!!! x