Monday, 28 June 2010

Not melting anymore!

Evening all,

Pleased to report that I'm not melting anymore . . . it's 20º here now instead of the nearly 30º of late and that suits me JUST FINE, I've even turned the fan off!!!

Grocery shopping all done, thank goodness, for a while anyway and I was able to work on my first proper grungepaper project. I've had some grungepaper for a while but the last time I tried using it - it soooooo didn't work!, and I kind of gave up with it. HOWEVER, this month's issue of Craft Stamper came with a great free stamp and I decided to stamp and cut out four images and then colored them using distress inks in Mustard Seed, Shabby Shutters, Spiced Marmalade and Fired Brick - Naturally, I used Diamond Glaze (like Glossy Accents) to stick the layers together. I think it looks OK but would love to hear what you all think too.

I guess this means the anniversary cards live to fight another day!!!

Hope you've all had a good day too and have managed to stay cool and dry - I hear some places have had rain!
I see I have a couple more followers and would like to welcome you all - thanks for looking peeps!

5 comments:

My name is Wynneth said...

Great grunge paper flower Kathy, I think it worked very well!!

It has been really hot here today... not cooled down at all and no rain despite the forecast. It's very 'heavy' and 'headachey' tonight, so think I might be off to bed early as the light from the laptop screen is hurting my eyes :o(

hugs
wynneth
x

judie said...

Brilliant flower, love it well done on this, how many did you make ?

judie xx

Kathyk said...

I stamped and cut out four flowers Judie and used some of the cut out bits from them to make the middle.

Cherry said...

Great flower Kathy - I think it works really well and I look forward to seeing more and on your creations! What a fab idea. Hugs Cherry XXX

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Love the flower Kathy - more to come? I hope to see the results on a card soon
Helen xx