Wednesday, 23 June 2010

Now apparently I'm a real numpty!!


Here I was thinking I'd be all clever and put a slide show of some of my craft works on my new bloglet but hey . . . . . can I work out how to do it? Not yet I can't but I will never let it defeat me and will keep on trying - hmmmmmmmm, wouldn't recommend holding your breath whilst I do so however.
Anyway, the shed has taken up far too much of my day and there was nothing for it but a little light crafting. I rediscovered my favourite punch whilst sorting out my craft stuff last week and I just love collage-y things (though often wonder whether it works when I do it - but then doesn't everyone?)and my new fave toys which are MICA POWDERS and Distress Inks so off I went. I had this fab Paris collage stamp and I used D.I. in spiced marmalade, tea dye, fired brick, aged mahogany and black soot to colour the textured cream card. I then stamped the image using versamark ink before applying mica powders in blue, white, gold and bronze and then setting with hairspray. The trick then was to get a photograph which showed stamp properly - hope you think it works!
Hope you are all having a good day - catch you next time........

5 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Phooooooo! Thank goodness for that; I was just beginning to turn blue :oD

GORGEOUS ATC. I love that punch too. It works beautifully with your distressing and that lovely image. Why its a triumph Mrs K.

Love that mix of colours. It works so well and gives a lovely aged effect. Mmmmmm

Lauren x

My name is Wynneth said...

oooo.... you little tinker, setting up a bloggie without telling me!!! I found you out now, so I'll be on here all the time!!!! LOL

Great project by the way, loving your mica powders and DI's.... fabulous projects :o)
hugs
wynneth
x

My name is Wynneth said...

Forgot to say how much I like your blog style - what a great background :o)
hugs
wynneth
x

Kathyk said...

Why thank you peeps - wanted to play a bit before "publishing"!

Craftyrose said...

Love the colours on this project kathy!