Saturday, 26 June 2010

Sketchie Challenge over on Craftbubble

Over on http://www.craftbubble.com/ within the Lets Get Stamping group there's a little challenge each week and this is today's sketchie from which we have to make a Tutti Frutti themed card. BBL with my take on said sketch - in the meantime you MAY salivate over KarenL's lovely sketch. If you're not a member (either of CB or the LGS group) then why not pop along and have a look or have a go?????
















As you can see from the card below, I've now completed my sketchie challenge with the twist "Tutti Frutti". I downloaded a sheet of A4 "fruity" background paper from http://www.freecraftdownloads.co.uk/ and cut a strip to place down the side of my C5 card. I stamped the pear image on textured cream card and using versamark ink and Rubbadubbadoo "Roman Gold" embossing powder and then coloured using twinkling H2O's before distressing the outer edge using shabby shutters and pine needle inks and rounding the corners. Using a fancy corner punch I cut a piece of light green and adhered my image panel. I cut a larger red panel and rounded the corners then, using a white gel pen drew a border. I stamped the sentiment on off white card in Memento Tuxedo Black and cut round it, adding a piece of green ribbon behind. I then finished it off with two die cut butterflies one on top the other, to give an element of 3D and added pearls down the body; then three white satin ribbon flowers and Voila!

3 comments:

Dora said...

O wow Kathy I'm so happy you decided to set up your blog too :) I'll be so looking forward to see your lovely cards :) xxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

I love the effect you've got here with the pear Kathy. Gorgeous stamp anyway but the gold really lifts it off the page doesn't it. Wowzer! Lauren x

My name is Wynneth said...

I love your sparkly golden pear Kathy, what a great sketchie entry :o)

hugs
wynneth
x