Wednesday, 30 June 2010

Welcome to hump day Wednesday

Down hill all the way to the weekend - though as a "retiree" this is not something I have to worry about - sorry!
No plans for today though I might nip up to my neighbours as she has a nest of baby hedgehog's in her green house (everybody say ahhhh).

It's turned out to be dull, grey and STICKY here today which makes it really pretty unpleasant and the weather is scheduled to break tomorrow - wonder if this means it might turn thundery later in the day.

Good news though, no alarms to disturb us (or our neighbours) overnight - think the two power cuts during the evening were enough round our way!!! No idea what that was all about but several local house alarms went off as a result and, no, ours wasn't one of them - thank goodness. Steve made our apologies to our neighbours for the previous nights sleep disturbance so hopefully they are all still speaking to us!

Managed to catch the second hour on QVC last evening - "Dawn Bibby Designs" but also managed not to buy anything!!! Christmas Craft Day is next week . . . Tuesday, check out the link

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.multi/params.file.%7Cuktvguide%7Cdaily,aspx.dayValue.todayPlusSix

Not much going on craft wise yesterday, being out much of the day but I did rustle up this ATC for my swap buddy, Linda. I believe the patterned paper is from a DCWV stack and the plain pink from my gift wallet crafting recently. The wider purple with gold edge ribbon wrapped a recent incoming gift and I had the exact ribbon (but narrower - how spooky?) which I knotted. I had two die cut butterflies so I adhered the brighter pink to the base ATC by it's body and curled the wings up a little before adhering the outline butterfly (again, body only) and folded the wings out - to give it dimension before adding faux pearls to the body of the butterfly and also to the ends of the flourishes stamped in deep pink on the plain panel and then finally highlighting with holographic stickles.

1 comment:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Ooooh very nice Kathy. I really like that. Lucky Linda I say. Lauren x