Thursday, 29 July 2010

2nd post for Thursday

Well the OUTSIDE of the hedge is done. It's a marathon task and neighbour, Dawn, and I nipped out to help Steve and John with the process by clearing up. Honestly, we've filled three wheelie bins, three enormous boxes AND a builders merchants sand bag!!! AND that was only the OUTSIDE!!!




Feeling better now I've had my shower and the chance to make this card. Yesterday, whilst making the challenge card for the ILPM challenge #25 I stamped a second Forever Friends Santa image and also had a little of the embossed mirri card left over so it sort of lent itself to another Christmas card . . . .





Meet NIGEL, he was apparently found tied up outside the RSPCA offices and left to his own devices. He was emaciated and his fur matted and it must have been pretty hard to identify him as a Lhasa Apso!. What a poor little mite he must have looked when the RSPCA turned up for work. The officer admitting Nigel gave him his name, he's probably around three years old and, all being well, begins his new life with my neighbour early next week. He's obviously been cleaned up, groomed and fed since he was taken in and probably bears no resemblance to the poor little dog they took in - doesn't he look adorable peeps?





Makes me wish we were in a position to have a dog ourselves - it's three years since we lost our bearded collie, Spud!, seen here in one of her favourite spots - the top of the stairs, so that she could watch all of the comings and goings!!




Well, back to the crafting grindstone - hubby's gone flying though (personally) I think it a tad windy for flying model planes and helicopters - but what do I know? I actually think it's a nice chance for some "guy" time and that's important too.


This afternoon I've been working on a small canvas . . . I used distress inks in Tea Dye, Vintage photo, Victorian Velvet and fired brick to colour the base canvas (already prepared with gesso) and then placed a Tim Holtz clock stencil on the canvas and coloured in using Dusty Concorde . . . then dashed off to the kitchen with it and spritzed with water before sprinkling coarse salt over my canvas and allowing to dry . . . Check back tomorrow to see how it developes . . .

6 comments:

Dora said...

I always love to stamp some extra images when I'm stamping.. I always find they come in handy :) and what a cute little doggie that is. We also found ours left abandoned.

Brenda Brown said...

Oooh I am looking forward to see how the salt has changed it - I love that process. Sounds like a great mix of colours.
It's lovely to experiment and have fun with different things.
I will be back!!
B xxxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wow! What a busy day you've had. Nigel is such a cutie. I'm so glad he's found a loving home with your friend. Any dog who was lucky enough to find a home with you would count themselves lucky Kathy. You do right to resist for the moment while the travel bug is upon you. One dayyyyy..... Maybe!

Lovely piccie of Spud....awwwww!

Excited to see how that canvas progresses. I'm loving it so far. It has great promise Oh Purple Crafty One. Lx

Jodi said...

Nigel really is a cutie!! How adorable and sad taht he was all alone, it's SO wonderful that your neighbor will be giving him a new and happy home!!
I think your canvas looks great! Seems like it took a lot of time to create!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Louise said...

gosh you have done a lot of crafting. cute ff Christmas card- you must be nearly there now with your supply for Christmas!
the canvas looks like it is going to be stunning.

My name is Wynneth said...

Nice to see the canvas coming along to well!

Aw.... Nigel is adorable, makes me think of our lovely Missy who was a Lhasa. Spud looks so gorgeous, you must still feel the loss of him even now :o(
hugs
wynneth
x