Wednesday, 21 July 2010

The Button Fairy


I'm sure you've all spent time hunting for elusive buttons? So there must be a button fairy . . . right? Well, over on craftbubble's new "Craft Mad & Loving It" group there is a theme running for the week and it's FAIRY TALES. Over on I Love Pro Markers challenge #24 features buttons so here's my entry . . . for both!! I used some Coredinations card in dark pink (run through the swirly cuttlebug embossing folder) and distressed using a Tim Holtz Distressing Tool. The fairy was stamped using Memento ink in Tuxedo Black before being coloured using Pro Markers and stickles holographic glitter glue on the fairy wings. I threaded twine through two buttons and knotted. The patterned backing paper is by My Minds Eye (yes, still using up the freebies from issue 80 of Card Making and Paper Craft - what a haul that was?) and a strip of ribbon I had lying around. I highlighted the middles of some of the flowers on the BP with glitter glue too and there she is - the BUTTON FAIRY - whaddya think?

9 comments:

Tine said...

Hi Kathy. Like your use of distressing on the Coredinations cardstock and if there is a Button Fairy I could do with her waving her wand in my direction every so often. LOL. Love her glittery wings. Thanks for joining us this week at I ♥ Promarkers.
Tine :)

Sue C said...

Lovely card Kathy, really pretty colour combo. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers. Sue C x

katesacraftybugger said...

very nice card any chance in asking the button fairy where i have put my antique style heart shaped buttons that i wanted for this challenge !
thanks for joining us at I ♥ promarkers - Kate x

Karen said...

Lovely Kathy. I like the sparkly bits too, and the BP is very pretty. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Oooooh, I LOVE it. What a great image and the Coredinations distressing is fab too. All this from the lady who says she doesn't do fairies. Hmmm....looks like you could if you wanted to though eh.

Lauren x

Kathleen said...

Kathy, What a pretty card, I love the colour combination.

Lorraine said...

Very pretty papers. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

WeirdCat said...

Cute card, I like the image,thank you for joining us at I♥ Promarkers this week
Ruth x

Julie said...

A fab card Kathy. Lovely distressing and those free papers are gorgeous. I must start using mine after seeing how effective they are.
Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.

Julie x