Saturday, 17 July 2010

Craft Mad and Loving it challenge


Here I am, back later . . . . got a bit side tracked by a pal requesting the pleasure of my company on a mission to buy lighting for a decorating project - we failed!!! Have only managed to do the Craft Mad and Loving It challenge and will try for the WSC on craftbubble's Lets Get Stamping group tomorrow. She rang and asked me "did I want to come with her to Homebase to assist with her search for lighting" - now she is SOOOOOO not a Homebase kind of girl so it really didn't come as any surprise when we pulled in to the parking lot at . . . . HomeSense in Hartcliffe - which is MUCH nicer than Homebase. Still didn't find any funky lighting though the security guard was most helpful and unusually jolly. We moved on through the strangely eclectic (and cheap) What! store which has quite a good craft area (not that I bought craft stuff - HONEST) and then in to Tesco's where Debbie also wanted a baby gift!!!!!!!!!!!! YIKES - no good asking my advice on this subject because what I know about babies goes on the back of a postage stamp!! No, seriously. Once she'd acquired the giftie we adjourned upstairs where there's a nice Costa coffee and we treated ourselves to a nice iced latte before heading homeward, via the newly opened Mezze restaurant in Downend ('cos she didn't know where it was) and then T J Hughes where my disillusioned friend treated herself to new some new crockery in a funky modern black and white swirl pattern. Steve had hardly missed me as he was up to his armpits in paperwork and filing!!!, so I got straight on with some crafting and left him to it!

2 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Sounds like a busy day so I'm very impressed to see you managed to squeeze in that fabulous card as well. Love your Jolly Nation Cricketer. Beautiful colours too. Very very nice. Lx

Craftyrose said...

Fabulous cricketer Kathy. Jolly nice I'd say!