Saturday, 24 July 2010

Crafting Saturday . . .




Having promised myself that I would watch Christmas Crafting in July on QVC and that I would make Christmas cards whilst doing so . . . . well I HAVE made two cards but they are not Christmas cards AND I've shot myself in the foot because Karen's lovely sketch should have featured lace and pearls and - as you can plainly see (above) - I forgot to include either (DOH!). I soooo wanted to get cracking and break the seal on the papers I acquired yesterday and off I went, finished the card and photographed it, shrunk and posted and then . . . . realised my mistake - BUM!!!! The other card (Tilda with flower basket - see below left) was just one I had started preparing last night, using those fab free papers from My Minds Eye) before I got so excited over the rubbish on the telly that I mustve just fallen asleep without finishing it. I felt like such a plonker, forgetting the pearls and lace, that I simply had to have another go and came up with a Christmas card and even remembered to add pearls AND lace . . ..
Hope you like them all.

5 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Oh thank goodness you forgot as well Kathy. So did I. LOL Did you realise you put pears and lace? made me chuckle.... Can't see any pears but lovely crimble card. Lx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Gorgeous papers. No wonder you couldn't wait to crack that seal. Lx

Kathyk said...

Oooops! AND I spell checked it but of course pears is a perfectly valid word!! DOH again!

Thanks Lauren - I shall put that right straight away!

Kathyk

Katiejane said...

Awww Kathy these are so cute, the first has to be my fave though, so bright and colourful. It deffinately didn't need the lace and pearls :)
Katie xx

Dora said...

O wow you've been busy Kathy, they are gorgeous.. and it seems they got you inspired on TV to make a Christmas Card.. I've been making some, but haven't got into it so much yet.. always forgetting to put the glittery Christmas stuff he he xx