Saturday, 10 July 2010

Kick up your heels!!

Well, I love all things art deco and that includes flappers - this isn't quite a flapper but it's close and she IS adorable. This wonderful Magnolia image was sent to me by a fellow crafter and I do thank them. She's coloured using Pro Markers and the WONDERFUL Atyou Spica glitter pens. I've distressed the edges of the panels and also applied Distress Inks in Olive and Shabby Shutters, tied some raffia round the base panel and to tie two gorgeous glitter buttons together and there you have it. BTW the stripey backing panel is the reverse of the green panel and came from the pack of fab double sided papers from COSTCO at around 7p per sheet - you gotta get some if you have access to a Costco and they still have any left!!! For the insert I had a fab stamp which says "Kick up your heels" and also some great Hero Arts shoes which kind of says it all - making this a great feel good card - hope you like it and thanks for stopping by, I was feeling kind of out of sorts because normally I make sketchies on a Saturday but, having set this weeks mine was done a while ago!!! - but now I feel chirpier!

6 comments:

Doodles said...

Kathy this card is adorable.
hugs Sharon x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Oh this is gorgeous Kathy. I love the olive and shabby shutters distress inks and those sparkly buttons. The Spica pens are fantastic for giving glam highlights to anything. Top Card. Just loving the whole distressed vibe...and don't get me started on those papers...dribble..

Dora said...

Hi Kathy, love your card and the stamp is a real cutie ... don't think I've seen this before xx

scrappyjacky said...

Love the colours you've used here,Kathy.

Dora said...

Hi Kathy, I left you something on my blog, go grab it ;) xx

Kathyk said...

Thank you Dora - done - the award is now in my side bar