Saturday, 31 July 2010

The next Step

Well the next step has involved using Distress Ink in Vintage Photo and stamping the image of thistles from the wonderful Paper Artsy plate HP1004. I have also now adhered my grunge paper flower, using more mod podge. As to the final positioning of the two tickets - well, the jury is still out. How do you like the 7Gypsies bulldog clips? I bought them last trip to Florida with nothing specific in mind other than simply having to have them. I have a fab length of chain but no joint pieces and B&Q are soooo not helping me with this dilemma so, temporarily, I've used two lengths of raffia to "hang" my piece. I'm still contemplating another piece of art to go on there and am currently tossing a coin between a flattened bottle top with something inside the cap or perhaps a piece of melt art . . . but it's a question of finding the right piece. I've glued the flower down as it doesn't "fit" anywhere else but so far, everything else is totally moveable - any suggestions? I'm really not quite 100% happy with it as it is and am pretty sure that's NOT where the tickets will end up!!!
Right well, today is sketchie day over on craftbubble on both Craft Mad and Loving It and also the Lets Get Stamping groups so I'd best be off and see what's about. I'll be back later to show you the sketches and then later again to show you either A) the final step to my mini canvas OR B) my take on the sketches OR possibly C) all of the above!! Guess it depends on what my hubby fancies doing or thinks we ought to be doing today!
I hope that, whatever you have planned, you'll all have a stupendous Saturday and will check back later to see how the crafting progresses. Happy Saturday everyone!

3 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Mmmmm I'm loving it so far and intrigued to see how this little masterpiece develops through the week. Its a pretty fab start if I may say so.... LOVE that flower... Lx

Brenda Brown said...

Hi Kathy, this is coming along nicely, you have made a fab grungepaper flower. I know what you mean about the tickets, perhaps too symetrical? Look forward to seeing what you decide.....
Ken says thanks for the birthday wishes and he liked his card, as do the rest of the family.
It was rainng earlier and I hope in now stays dry for later.
Enyoy your day, probably wont get time to come back till tomorrow. B xxxx

Cherry said...

Lovin' the colours Kathy. Great stamp and the flower is divine - I am looking forward to seeing what you decide to add and where. Have a happy day. Hugs cherry XXX