Saturday, 31 July 2010

Sketchie Crazy - ooh yet another post for the day don't forget to scroll down for the others!



Busy, busy, busy day on the crafting front. This morning I managed (finally) to make a card for the Craft Mad & Loving It group (over on http://www.craftbubble.com/) where the theme was Old MacDonald Had a Farm . . . we were, apparently, allowed to interpret this theme as loosely as we chose so I chose simply use a farm animal and to make a card as a welcome to your new home so I printed the sentiment "I hear EWE moved" and edged with blue ink before matting on another piece of blue card. I used memento ink in Tuxedo black to stamp the image and coloured using pro markers. I know, I know, it's tough to colour white sheep using pro markers so (with my blender pen at the ready) I blended a very light grey to highlight the shadows and a light pink to accent the mouth and ears and left it at that for the sheep themselves. I cut round the Penny Black image and then mounted on blue paper. I cut a panel of blue starry paper just slightly smaller than the base card and rounded the corners and then I cut a tall panel of blue check paper and rounded the corners before attaching the sentiment panel and some dotty blue ribbon. Once that was adhered to the card I attached the blue panel with the image on. I do hope they like it over on CMLI.


Once that was done it was time to move on to the challenge for this week which was "Bloom where you're planted" and again a loose interpretation. I had a rubber stamp of this sentiment so that was a no brainer, edged in memento grape jelly and the corners rounded. I stamped my Penny Black "Constellations" image twice (once in memento Tuxedo Black and once in stazon Royal Purple on to acetate). The card image I water coloured using twinkling H2O's and the stazon image was "coloured" using glitters and "dries clear" glue. I then overlaid the acetate image on to the card printed image and cut the panels to match. I matted the card image panel on to silver mirri card and then punched three holes in each side of the two image panels before threading silver/black thread through the holes. On the cream base card I layered a patterned strip on to an olive pearl card and stuck down. I also attached two purple brads to the top left of my image panel (to secure the acetate) before sticking on to the base card over the flowered and pearl panel. Finally I used the sentiment to adhere the acetate panel down and the card is finished!!


Now it's on to the LGS sketch, which had to feature something gold and something checked . . . Sharon's sketch featured a red background and it is a very festive colour so I drew my backing paper from that. I had some musical holly paper from which I cut a large circle and some gold card from which I cut two circles. I then stamped my sentiment (bought from Target and no idea of the manufacturer) and my Darcies Country folk snowman in Memento Tuxedo Black on to white card and cut a circle round them. I coloured the snowman using Atyou Spica glitter pens and also liquitex pearl - adding holographic glitter for extra special twinkle. For my checked item I used some ribbon to mount the sentiment on, what do you think? OK for a Christmas card?
Right well, quick before the theme for this coming week is unveiled tomorrow and of course, being a new month, over on Scrap Addicts there will be a new challenge unveiled too I suppose I should re-visit my canvas!.


Do keep checking back to see how I'm doing and whether that canvas ever gets finished!!!!

4 comments:

Craftyrose said...

My, you have been ultra busy! Love the bloom where you're planted card best of all. It's simply beautiful Kathy. xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wow! These are all fabulous. You're really on a crafty roll aren't you. Would you think me biased if I said my fave is the flower card for my challenge. The beads are inspired. I love what you've done with it. That said, all are wonderful. You talented crafter, you. Lx

Fleur said...

All gorgeous Kathy, love the snowman with cocoa.
Hugz Fleur xXx

Brenda Brown said...

A great set of cards Kathy - what a busy lady you are. Do you ever sleep????
Luv B xxx