Wednesday, 14 July 2010

Wednesday's challenge is a card with movement!


Today’s challenge over on craftbubbles, Lets Get Stamping Group was to include movement on the card – ages ago I bought some windmill templates (back when Lakeland Plastics still sold craft stuff) that I’ve never used – until today!!. I stamped my image using Memento Tuxedo Black and then coloured her using Pro Markers and Atyou Spica Glitter pens, drawing glittery flowers on her dress. I then used distress inks in mustard seed, peeled paint and crushed olive around the edges of the image panel before mounting on hand made yellow paper and adhering lime ribbon to the yellow panel. I then used some orange patterned paper from my Colossal Stack and stuck everything on to that. I then drew round, cut out and folded my windmill (using some of those fab double sided papers from Costco again), fastening with the yellow brad in the middle which was then used to attach the windmill to the orange panel which I then stuck on to my white base card before finishing off with a couple of amber faux gems in the centres of the flowers on the orange paper. I also stamped my sentiment, punched it out using a round punch and then stuck it on to a Martha Stewart punched flower in green before using 3D stickies to attach to the top of the ribbon and then highlighted my windmill with holographic glitter glue and set aside to dry . . . hope you like it. As it’s an entry in a competition, please wish me luck!

3 comments:

Jodi said...

This is a sweet card! Great idea to add the windmill for some fun!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Lauren Hatwell said...

Lovely Kathy. I do like that orange backing paper and the image is lovely. Great windmill. Good luck. Lauren x

Dora said...

Hi Kathy this is gorgeous, love your sweet stamp and papers. . . . so its not just me that buy things and never use them he he :) xx