Thursday, 8 July 2010

How's your day going?



Well I decided that I needed to make some ATC's as I'm a bit backed up with my swaps! I've no idea where the time goes and yet it goes . . . and I'm sure that many of my fellow crafters say the same.

Having bought the fab Paper Artsy Plate (HP1004) at Newbury Artstamps last weekend then it should come as no surprise that I really couldn't wait much longer to use it. Unfortunately the flowers are really a bit too big to use on an ATC - frankly so's this bird cage but a little poetic licence and it seems to have worked!! I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Shabby Shutters, Olive, Worn Lipstick and Tea Dye) to make the background and then lightly dusted gold Perfect Pearls over the surface before it was quite dry, to give it a sheen, before stamping the Paper Artsy flower heads in Memento ink (Tuxedo Black) on the backing card (having first set the perfect pearls with hairspray). The Bird cage was stamped in Royal Purple Stazon (my black dried out!) on acetate and then cut out. I punched a hole through the acetate and distressed background and attached the bird cage using a lovely chocolate coloured sugared brad so that the ATC would have movement. I then adhered the whole lot to a plain white ATC to conceal the "legs" of the sugared brad.
The second ATC was a much simpler card to make in that I simply covered a White ATC with pink card. I then stamped my Hero Arts Cuckoo Clock clear stamp using Memento ink in Tuxedo Black on white card before colouring using Pro Markers and cutting out. I then used my wonderful Scotch Quick dry adhesive to attach the cuckoo clock to my ATC.
I hope you like both of these, always pleased to take comments, folks.
In the meantime, the weather's been far too dull to do much round here today so all I seem to have achieved is to have done some domestic chores and made a couple of ATC's - though I did watch a real tear jerker movie called NOEL - you guessed it, a Christmas Movie with Susan Sarandon. Part of me quite enjoyed it and part of me thought - OMG!!! but hey, we can't all like all the movies, can we?
I was supposed to be meeting up with a friend this evening, for dinner (usually pizza or Indian) but she has a close friend in hospital right now and, fortunately, there'll be plenty of other chances for us to meet up. It does however, leave the dilemma of what to have for dinner. My super hubby has come up with . . . . . fajitas!!! YAY, looking forward to that now - shame it's only 3pm! How lucky am I that he's such a good cook eh?





4 comments:

miscanthuscrafts said...

Love these ATC's. I must give them a go some time. Thanks for the cosmic comments you left on my blog man!!! X

scrappyjacky said...

Great ATCs....love how that PA stamp has worked. Enjoy your unexpected dinner treat.

My name is Wynneth said...

Two fabby ATCs here Kathy, I love the birdcage one especially - I recently got a set of stamps from qkd which has a birdcage on it, must get it inky!!!
hugs
wynneth
x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Love those bird-related stamps Kathy. The birdcage is fabby and so "in" at the moment but I must admit I've a soft spot for the cuckoo clock. I love it.

Lauren x