Sunday, 11 July 2010

What's on your agenda today peeps?

What's on your agenda today? Well I know my own dear hubby will be off flying his model planes till lunchtime which will leave me entirely free to craft until his return. THEN all hell will break loose as we make preparations for the surrogates arrival for a BBQ kicking off around 3:00. There will be seven of us plus seven year old Harry (those of you who know me will realise that I don't really "do" children - they bring me out in a cold sweat so please - wish me luck!). Which reminds me, must charge my camera so that I can record the event for posterity (and, possibly, blackmail!!!!!) - do check back later!

And so far, I have managed this one card . . . isn't the Penny Black image lovely? For the front of the card I used twinkling H2O's directly on to the stamp and (once dry) used distress inks in old paper and tattered rose to give some colour before mounting on some patterned pink paper to which I had attached a length of turquoise checked ribbon (well I still had the supplies out from yesterday!) and then on to an offcut of the fab turquoise DCWV card. I then stamped the sentiment and punched a circle round it before attaching to a turquoise DCWV punched flower. I then finished the card off with three pearls. For the envelope I used the small sentiment stamp but brought out the larger identical sentiment stamp for the insert and also stamped the PB flower stamp in a deep pink. Hope you think it works.

I just found out that I won candy from the lovely Debs on her blog here too - I've NEVER won candy before, so thank you Debs.

Have a Stupendous Sunday, however you spend it.

5 comments:

Debs M x said...

Well done Kathy, you won my candy! I will send it out this afternoon 2nd class x

scrappyjacky said...

We had a big BBQ yesterday...hope yours goes well.Think it's craft and Grand Prix today.

Kathyk said...

Ooh thank you Debs - I've never won candy before! I shall look forward to receiving that.

Kathyk

miscanthuscrafts said...

have a great afternoon.hope the tiramsu it still in one piece!!!

Lauren Hatwell said...

Beautiful colours you've used on that card Kathy and yes, the image is stunning. I love it.

Good luck for the BBQ (and the 7 year old)

Lauren x