Wednesday, 14 July 2010

Where's this week going?



Honestly? I've no idea - I don't seem to have done anything earth shattering and yet here we are . . . Thursday.

Apparently, I'm on a bit of a cutesy roll this week and managed to run up this little treasure (in my humble opinion) using a stamped image sent to me by a generous fellow crafter (thank you to you) and some of the free papers from My Minds Eye, received in the latest issue of Card Making and Paper Craft. I coloured her using Pro Markers and Atyou Spica glitter pens and just atouch of holographic glitter glue before cutting her out and mounting her on a patterned green panel. I cut a piece of DCWV green metallic card and rounded the corners before running through my die cutter with the delightful swiss dots embossing folder. I cut a panel of MMI patterned paper slightly smaller than the base card and stuck it down. I then cut a narrow panel of a co-ordinating MMI paper and used a Martha Stewart edging punch. Since this automatically generates a series of holes I then "sewed" along that line using brown thread. Once I'd stuck all the pieces down I then added five faux gemstones to the points of the punched panel and there you have it - hope you like it!
Well, over on craftbubble's "Let Get Stamping Group" Sharon is running a daily stamp giveaway for cards on a daily theme, yesterday's theme was "movement" and the winner was Helen (Croms) - Congratulations and well done. Today's theme is to follow the sketchie shown - interested? Well pop along to www.craftbubble.com and check out the Let's Get Stamping groups challenge thread - GOOD LUCK

Hubby's off to the dentist and then we plan grocery shopping so another day in dullsville by the sound of it!

Hope you have more exciting things on your agenda. Look forward to catching up with you all .......... later

5 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

A lovely card,Kathy...and at least it's not you going to the dentist.

Kathyk said...

No, I managed to do that about a month ago so am all set till jsut before Christmas!!!!

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

Weren't those freebie papers lovely....I love what you've done with them. Gorgeous gems too Kathy.

Lauren x

Doodles said...

Your Cards are beautiful Kathy i love your blog too and must remember to pop in more.
Have a wonderful afternoon
hugs Sharon.

Cherry said...

Gorgeous card Kathy - love the sparkle and those papers. Great overall effect. Hope all went well for DH at dentist. Love all the cards this week and congrats on your win. good luck with this one too. Hugs Cherry XXX