Sunday, 29 August 2010

1st post of the day for Sunday - watch this space later . . .

I was on a bit of a sketchie roll (less fattening than a jelly roll!) yesterday and cracked on with some Christ mas cards . . making three using the sketchie (one of which I posted yesterday too) and another two using KanBan toppers (not overly imaginative cards so I've spared you all!). However, I was so taken with the simple technique as outlined in the new issue of Craft Stamper that here are the two I ran up last night . .


I really do LOVE the combination of Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade and Fired Brick and think it IS actually quite a festive combo . . . however, I simply couldn't resist trying it with Peeled Paint, Forest Moss and Pine Needles - eyes right peeps, how do you think THAT works? I'm not sure who the stamp manufacturer is for the wonderful pine bough stamp but the tree stamp on the green card is by Papermania.



Anyway, hubby's gone off to the flying field this morning and I have an appointment with my friend, Dorothy, newly discharged from hospital - so that's my morning taken up.



Do check back later as it's themed challenge day over on craftbubble's Craft Mad & Loving It group . . . . last week's challenge was acetate so I wonder that this week's will be!!

2 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Lovely xmas cards,Kathy...do love the use of the distress ink.

Lauren Hatwell said...

Hear hear. I also love the way you combine Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade. That colour is "to die for". I think its so festive. Lx