Wednesday, 25 August 2010

2nd post of the day - please scroll down for earlier post

This is my second post for today so please don't forget to look at the earlier post - unless you already have! Still on a masculine card quest and loving those Kanban clear stamps . . . still my favourite appears to be the scooter but I promise this is the last one I'll post using it, for a while anyway! This is more like the card I had planned to make last night before the other one grew organically in front of my very eyes!

Again, the scooter image is by Kanban and the sentiment byInkadinkado, both stamped using memento tuxedo black. The scooter was coloured using pro markers and Atyou Spica glitter pens and then Diamond Glaze laid over the top (to give it dimension and gloss). The panel was edged with Distress Inks in Weathered Wood and Chipped Sapphire to give it character, before matting on to a ribbed navy panel. The rust panel and fawn panel were from the box of card bought during the craftathon weekend recently (at Carole's Crafts) and the edges of both panels were distressed using my Tim Holtz distressing tool and the fawn panel edged with the same distress inks. The sentiment was cut out using a punch and then two further circles in the fawn and ribbed blue cut using my die cutter and circular dies, the fawn circle distressed and coloured using the same two distress inks. Then, using the already inked foam pad on my blending tool I coloured some cream twill ribbon which I then adhered on to the rust panel before finally assembling my card. There!, I do hope you like it!

7 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wowzer....even better than the first one. LOVE IT! You're on a roll. Lauren x

Dana said...

Such cute masculine cards!
Thanks for sharing!

Jodi said...

These are great cards for men!! I think that will have to be something I need to do too!
Hugs
Jodi =)

judie said...

hi ya chick

great card from the purple one I see, love that image, might have to buy that set

Hortons disease is basically, headaches, stomach aches, very very iritable (VERY), so its good to get to the bottom of it, cant believe they were both so ill in one week, feel like I live on the A303 now !!! Am def moving up there, looking for "the house" as we speak, cant be doing with all this travel

Hope you have had a great meal and unveiling at your friends

hugs
Judie xx

judie said...

forgot to say, theres something for you on my blog xx

My name is Wynneth said...

You are certainly loving these new stamps Kathy - and so am I!!! Great card again Hun :O)
hugs
wynneth
x

Stephanie said...

I love both cards you've made with this image - fab designs! x