Thursday, 26 August 2010

2nd post of the day - please scroll down for earlier post

I'm not having such a creative day today, weather's pants and my trip to Costco uneventful - i.e. no new crafting goodies there - though we still managed to spend a truckload on food and drink!

Anyhoo, over on the Craft Mad & Loving It group on craftbubble there is a themed challenge for this week and the theme is: ACETATE! I'm not a huge fan of acetate and seldom think to use it unless challenged so here was my chance to use a double aperture card (a leftover part of a QVC kit just crying out to be used), some acetate and a topper which came from the same QVC kit (probably!.) I also consumed a "Seasons Greetings" sentiment courtesy of Lakeland (when they used to sell crafting stuff), a small red card panel, some clear foam tape, small glass beads and some acrylic confetti, along with three red faux gemstones. It's not a very technical card but it does seem quite festive with the silver mirri card, super Santa image and the "snow" so I do hope one of my friends will like this as a Christmas card this year.

8 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

I think it's great Kathy, love the acetate in the aperture. Very Christmassy and shiny. (I still have some lakeland bits too) Didn't Costco have any nice ribbons in?
CUsoon. B xxx

Katiejane said...

You are so good starting your Xmas cards, I really should think about getting some done too! Love what you did with the acetate :)
Katie

Lauren Hatwell said...

I think its gorgeous Kathy. Lx

My name is Wynneth said...

Lovely card Kathy, the crackled effect acetate is excellent. This is a lovely layout and I'm sure whichever lucky friend receives this christmas card will be very happy!
hugs
wynneth
x

scrappyjacky said...

It's turned out beautifully,Kathy....and our weather's pants as well.

Fleur said...

It's a lovely card Kathy, the acetate looks great, very festive & I'm sure the recipient will love it too
Hugz Fleur xXx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Left you a little something on my bloggy Mrs K. Lx

My name is Wynneth said...

There's also a little something for you on my bloggie too your Purplisciosness :O)
hugs
wynneth
x