Sunday, 29 August 2010

2nd post of the day - please scroll down for earlier post

This is the second post for today so do please look further down my blog for the first post of the day
This morning I had planned to visit my friend, Dorothy, who's had a knee replacement. She's been severely restricted in her movements since Christmas and unable to do simple things like making tea, opening the door so you can imagine how happy I was to see her answering her own front door once more, albeit taking a while to do so. She was in good spirits despite a little pain, but a knee replacements not a little op, especially when you're 87 so I think she's doing really well.


We chatted and laughed and before I left she'd had a drink (coffee - honest!) and a snack and I already knew her daughter would be bringing her a hot meal later.


Once I got home I decided to run Dorothy up a "Welcome Home" card as she had been in hospital for a little over three weeks. Well, wouldn't you know I didn't have a "welcome home" stamp but I DID have a "welcome to your new home" stamp so I set about co-ordinating the fab (and simple) technique I learned yesterday (and have already made three cards using) but this time choosing a purple theme with Milled Lavender, Dusty Concord and Chipped Sapphire distress inks and the wonderful Hero Arts stamp being inked up in memento Grape Jelly (for a change). Once inked, stamped and dried I matted this on to a layer of light purple. I tied some gold edged purple ribbon in a knot round a piece of mirri card and adhered to the card before then adhering my image panel. I then stamped my "welcome to your new home" stamp, again in Grape Jelly, and cut out the two words I wanted, ran them through my Xyron sticker maker and stuck them on my card, along with two purple "faux" gemstones. I also stamped the image and a "Best Wishes" sentiment on to the insert and the envelope to co-ordinate ( which may not be clear from the photograph) and there you have it - hope you like it.


It seems like the Craft Mad & Loving It themed challenge for the coming week is going to be a little late this week so it might be tomorrow before I'm able to share this with you - guess it's back to the Christmas cards for me then - I've notched up this many so far . . . but have about the same again to go!! Wish me luck

5 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Wow,Kathy...you're certainly on target with the xmas cards.

Louise said...

Beautiful card for you friend and congratulations on having made so many Christmas cards already. You have certainly used this weeks sketch on CMLI to good advantage. (Fab techinique btw- love the black image on the multicoloured block.)

clare said...

i am sure she loved that card. X

Lauren Hatwell said...

Very nice indeed Kathy. The Milled Lavender is ver nice with the Dusty Concorde and I love that stamp. Glad to hear you left Dorothy feeling a bit more chipper. Lx

My name is Wynneth said...

Oooo... I do love this one kathy, that DI technique is sooooo effective, might have to steal it for myself ! LOL that colour combo works really well and I am sure Dorothy will love it!
hugs
wynneth
x