Monday, 30 August 2010

2nd post of the day - please scroll down for earlier post

Hi there,

What a glorious Bank Holiday it's turning out to be, not at all what we expect traditionally!! Well it is here in Bristol anyway and I hope you are enjoying similar weather where you are, dear reader/s!


Well, hubby and I made the executive decision that, surrounded by busy motorways as we are, we wouldn't try to make a getaway to anywhere - said motorways usually proving to be gridlocked each (and every) Bank Holiday, so he set about putting a weatherproof stain on the shed - who remembers my posts on the ongoing saga of the shed then?????



With hubby doing that I thought - what shall I do? Well after all, I couldn't hang washing out without being in his way now . . . . could I?



I did try sitting out there with my trusty book (a Dick Francis don'cha know?) but, frankly, it was getting a little hot and the sun was making it hard to read the printed word!!!



Nothing left for it but to craft then! Bet you're all surprised to hear this aren't you? I did try surfing t'internet but plainly everyone else is out making the most of the sunshine and it was supremely quiet in all my usual haunts, so crafting it was. The themed challenge of "It's in the bag" came to mind and, having made a tall giftie bag last, a Christmas kind of giftie solution came to mind - thus proving that (with this simple design) I could soon have much of my Christmas gift wrap "in the bag" so to speak!!! So I set about this project. First off, I cut out my basic shape from a piece of red A4 card which left a long thin piece of card . . . .hmm, how to make use of this I wonder. Naturally, a gift tag came to mind and, being long and thin, my wonderful Sparkle'n'Sprinkle snowman leapt to the fore and I quickly stamped him, using memento tuxedo black and cut a long thin piece of red card and a slightly larger piece of gold mirri. I then stamped a To: and From:, mounted it on red card and punched a hole through both panels fixing in place with a brad - oh joy ......... oh no!!! Too blooming long to fit on my little pillow box - BUM! On to Plan B) then . . . . I had a sweet little scalloped circle which proved to be a perfect fit for my Inkadinkado "Joy" wreath so that was plan B), highlighted with a little stardust stickles and with the added embellishment of a twinkly gold snowflake on a string which was threaded through a small hole thus giving movement, before mounting on to a gold circle. Once I'd scored all of my fold lines I stuck down the flap to form the "pillow" and left that to dry over lunch . . . I then attached some more fabby Costco (what a crafting haven that turns out to be?) Christmas ribbon (circa 2009) with the wire pulled out and then I adhered my circle and there you have it . . . Christmas Wrap "In the bag"!!!!, AND a gift tag too!

4 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Looks like you're having fun anyway Kathy, never mind the motorways. We are having a mix of sun and clouds and oh boy is it cold when the sun goes in.
Love the little pillow box and tags, very Christmassy.
Enjoy the rest of the day.
Luv B xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Another lovely little project,Kathy....great idea to add the tag.

Dora said...

Yes, that's the best thing you could do, I agree with you and you did a lovely job of the gift tag and bag. They will surely come in handy in a few months time. So happy to hear you got nice weather over there. Here it's still soooo windy! xxx

My name is Wynneth said...

Two fabby projects Kathy, a bit of a BOGOF then!!! I'm sure your shed looks lovely with it's new coat on too!

hugs
wynneth
x