Saturday, 21 August 2010

2nd post of the day - please scroll down to read earlier post

I decided to crack on with my sketchie and my ATC's so it seemed only sensible to make an ATC from the sketchie. A cunning plan Baldrick BUT, you will no doubt have seen the sketch in my post of earlier today . . . and it was tough to work it all in!! Still, never say die! so here is my ATC sketchie on the right . . . I used a piece of embossed Christmas paper left over from an old QVC kit for the base of my ATC. I put a strip of self adhesive "lace" from the fab Costco scrap book kit across top and bottom of this embossed paper and I also had some lace which lent itself to cutting in half so half went across the top and the other half across the bottom. I also had a large piece of the wider snowflake ribbon (also from Costco at about £4.99 for 50m!) which I adhered across the middle fastening to the back of this paper. I stamped my Santa image on a scalloped die cut rectangle and coloured in using Atyou Spica glitter pens. I stamped and cut out my sentiment and adhered this to the base of my image panel before adhering on to the ATC and there it was . . . done!



It's OK but I wasn't as pleased with it as I might have been so I set about another sketchie, this time an easel card - as they look so special when sat on the mantel at Christmas . . . . below left.

For this I used a square card which had been part of my prize when an article of mine was published in Card Making and Papercraft recently. I folded it not quite in half to form the easel and then cut a panel of the embossed white Christmas paper (as above) to the size of my easel card. I cut three strips of white card using my stamp blade and new woodware cutter which I then embossed with two parallel lines (as per the sketch). I then adhered two to the easel card embossed panel and one to the base. To the panel on the base I then attached two iridescent white snowflakes to form the "latch" for the easel to stand up against. I then die cut three scalloped rectangles, two large and one slightly smaller. I left one large and one small rectangle plain and put the other through my die cutter inside my papermania snowflake embossing folder. I tied some narrow white ribbon in to a knot around the plain large rectangle. I stamped my image and sentiment and cut them out. I coloured all but the snowman's body using Atyou Spica glitter pens, but coloured the body using liquitex pearl and adding holographic loose ultrafine glitter. Using silicon glue (for a 3D effect) I attached the image and sentiment to the smaller panel which was then adhered to the embossed large panel and then to the large plain panel with the ribbon. Once this was done I then stamped my snowman and sentiment once more on to the accompanying envelope and there you have it - my second sketchie - hope you like them both.

4 comments:

Jodi said...

So pretty for winter!! Great images and coloring on both!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Lauren Hatwell said...

Looks like you had a fun day. The ATC is fab, of course, but the card just has the edge. LOVE that little snowman. Isn't he cute. SOOOOO glad I've got that little guy in my Florida stash or I'd have to be deeply jealous and that would never do! Lx

Karen said...

I love both of these Kathy, but the snowman is my favourite, just cos I love snowmen!
I might just have to add him to my stash while in Florida
xx

Kathyk said...

You are so right - that would never do and, yes, he's adorable, it's funny but I use him more often than the bigger one too!