Tuesday, 24 August 2010

2nd post of the day - please scroll down to read earlier post

Hubby wanted to go to Maplins electronics store this morning and asked me if I wanted to go? Well, under normal circumstances hell would freeze over before I would ever want to do this but I should explain that there is a Hobbycraft about 100 yards away! Make sense now? I thought so . . . . he went off to Maplins and I did a trolley dash round Hobbycraft. My shopping list consisted of Klingon (or EZMount) and Peel'n'tack - bad news peeps Hobbycraft don't seem to sell Peel'n'tack so I found myself wandering upstairs (yes, ours is big enough to have an upstairs) which is where all the craft stuff that appeals to me is kept . . . . I just knew I shouldn't but these cute Kanban stamps just fell in to my basket and I couldn't bring myself to put them back on the shelf. Obviously, their shelving is defective because the same thing happened as I was passing the Papermania section and one of their embossing folders slid gracefully in to my basket too!! Whatever next? Well, I can tell you what happened next - a blooming canvas - honestly, I should really complain! Thank heavens they had the Klingon I was looking for though!!! Anyway, once I'd paid up and gone about the serious business of meeting up with hubby and making like I'd bought nothing . . . we came home. Strangely enough, he set about repairing my battery operated Christmas lights whilst I gleefully ripped open my KanBan stamps - wonder who got the best deal!!!!! That would be me then. Bless him - AND I got my Christmas/celebration lights back - a good day in our house then!
I coloured my images using a combination of Pro Markers (inc the wonderful SILVER one for the chrome!) and Atyou Spica glitter pens. I used diamond glaze for the car windscreen and Mod Podge lustre for the paintwork. I then used a page from an outdated road map for the ATC background and some peel off motor related sentiments to finish the ATC - hope you like them.

8 comments:

Debs M x said...

Kathy i bought a papermania folder from hoobycraft today too....it's your fault you made me do it! x

scrappyjacky said...

Luckier than me then, I never seem to find anything I want in Hobbycraft! Some more good 'male' craftiness.

Kathyk said...

Glad to have been of service Debs, and at least it lets Wynneth off the hook too!

Those Kanban "guy" stamps weren't there last time I was in either, Jacky!

Kathyk

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

What are you like?
Glad you had a good time and came home with some goodies to make the journey worthwhile. The ATC is brill
Helen xx

Lilian said...

oh Kathy you went to Hobby craft. just getting me back for not telling you I went Lol.
I know what you mean about things falling into you trolly it happens all the time to me.
Take care Lilian

Brenda Brown said...

Good job I don't go shopping with you - we'd buy the whole place together !!!!!
Love the way you've put the ATC together and the use of materials.
Luv B xxx

Cherry said...

Glad you had a good time Kathy - you really should complain about the products migrating to your basket one day!LOL. Great ATCs - really great details added with the various techniques. BRUMMMMMMM BRUMMMMM BEEP BEEP! Hugs Cherry XXX

My name is Wynneth said...

Well, if I was you I'd write a strong letter to Hobbycraft Management and inform them of the faulty shelves which tip stash into your basket willy nilly!!!!! Great haul though, seriously :o) Keep those car stamps handy, they may well come in handy in a couple of week's time (wink, wink!)

These are two seriously fandabbydozy ATCs my dear ;O)
hugs
wynneth
x