Saturday, 28 August 2010

And so, here is my 1st sketchie for this week (see post earlier today)

This morning the wonderful Craft Stamper landed on my doormat nice and early and, as always, I flick eagerly through to see what's in there . . . I see my Isle of Skye trading card buddy has had a piece of work published (Pam Harrison) and there are some wonderful creations using a silhouette stamp, post-it notes and some distress inks - inspired or what?


This weeks sketch, as set by Lauren (see her blog here ) was to feature stars, well this didn't really fit in with my plan but . . . never one to give in I simply adapted my planned card AND managed to get ink on the Craft Stamper free stamp too . . . hope you like it.


I cut a panel of orange card slightly smaller than my DL base card, then cut a panel of white card slightly smaller again. I masked a triangular shape (slightly smaller than my Paper Artsy) silhouette stamp and then blended distress inks in Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade and Fired Brick before removing the post-it notes, I then inked up my P.A. stamp using memento Tuxedo Black and stamped over the triangle and slightly offset. I inked up the CS free stamp using the black ink too and then die cut my circle slightly larger than the stamped image and edged with Spiced Marmalade. I cute two triangles from copier paper and turned one upside down to make a template for my star and cut from yellow card, also cutting a strip of this same card as you see in the photo. A strip of orange card was also cut and edged with my Fiskars edging punch and some citrus-y circle patterned ribbon attached to the bottom of this orange strip. Once the card was assembled I stuck the sentiment on to my star and positioned where I thought it looked best and Voila!!! One Sketchie!!! - not sure how many more sketchies I will do this week but I think I might well use the post-it/distress ink technique again - perhaps using green next time! What do you think? Have you received your issue of C.S. yet?????
And here I go with my second sketchie of the day too - this one a Christmas sketchie. Sometimes I'm amazed at how differently the same basic sketch can turn out and when you multiply it by the number of people who will be having a go this week, that's an awful lot of different cards! Anyhoo, this one is blue in colour theme and I managed to fit loads more stars on to this one, the patterned papers are all by DCWV. Hope you like this one too

5 comments:

Dora said...

Hi Kathy this is simply beautiful, and so elegant. I love how you adapted the sketchie for your card, brilliant idea on the star. Love that free stamp too x

Katiejane said...

A busy girl as ever I see! Wow I'm loving your "Post It" technique, how creative :)
I really need to subscribe to craft stamper, you introduced it to me at the stamp bug and I loved the issue. You know what, I never did find the free owl stamp I recieved with it :( I guess he flew the nest!
2 lovely cards, each very different, well done you.
Have a great weekend Kathy.
Katie x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Both cards are utterly gorgeous Kathy. I do love that snowman image and all the sparkle but the orange is really yummy too and I like the way you've interpreted the sketch. Fab! Lx

My name is Wynneth said...

Lucky Girl Kathy :O) I haven't seen CS yet, I don't subscribe at the mo' and have to wait til it's in the newsagents - so that'll be tue at the earliest then :O( I just love what you've done with the first card, such a brilliant idea - I must have a go myself. That silhoutte stamps, it looks spectacular against the yellow/gold/orange colours. Your second card is a triumph in bling - such a cute image and I love that string of stars along the top.

We haven't chatted for a few days, must drop you a pm on cb ;O)
hugs
wynneth
x

Brenda Brown said...

Beautiful Kathy, love them both. The colours in the first one are so vibrant and really catch the eye with the simplicity of the design.
Luv B xxx