Sunday, 22 August 2010

And what a lovely Sunday it is too

It's been a really nice bright sunny day today, such a change from the wet and wild day we had here yesterday - what's that all about??!??!


Anyway, hubby's away at his hobby/model show again today - last day today, and I've been free to indulge my crafting obsession.



Yesterday was sketchie day over on the Craft Mad and Loving It group on craftbubble and I published the sketch and twist on this blog yesterday . . . I made an ATC and an easel card yesterday but actually quite enjoyed the tricky challenge of white on white which accompanied it. SO, I decided to have another go this morning AND CMLI published their Sunday themed challenge this morning, which was "to feature acetate" - well whoop de doo - guess what I already had planned to use as part of my third sketchie? You guessed it . . . acetate so I guess this piece fits both challenges. Of course there IS a third challenge and that is ..... how the heck do you photograph your piece when it's white on white???? Anyway, here is my scrapbook layout and also a closeup which shows the layers much better - hope you like it.




And since I have the day to myself and appear to be in scrap booking mode . . . remember last weekend's craftathon? Well I posted one layout as part of a challenge but still had some photos lying around that needed to be scrapped (in the nicest possible way Lauren and Wynneth!) so I thought I would make a lilac themed ('cos that was the colour scheme of the other layout) co-ordinating page. Of course the white gel pen I used to journal doesn't show up SOOOO very well in the photo but trust me, it's there in purple and white!!!


Have a Stupendous Sunday everyone.

3 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Those 2 pages will make a nice pair!! We're obviously living in a different country....as it's poured with rain all day here!!

Louise said...

I love the white on white page. It is very difficult to photograph white though, isn't it? Your heat embossing in the background is divine.
Looks like you had a fun time last weekend.

My name is Wynneth said...

Two really great layouts there Kathy! Great to see the rest of the photos set out so nicely too!
hugs
wynneth
x