Tuesday, 31 August 2010

Bet you thought I'd forgotten today!

Been a busy old day for me today.


Had to go to Sainsbury's nice and bright and early this morning (if you call 09:15 early that is!) and fill UGLY with petrol - blimey £51 later!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In to Sainbury's for two items - alcohol free baby wipes (stamp cleaning!) as my hubby positively refused to shop for them with the groceries! and some cakes . . . then on to the home of my friend where we had plans to munch on said cakes over tea/coffee and chat . . . . for a couple of hours. She's just had quite a bit of building work and decorating completed at her house and (frankly) I was just plain NOSY! All very nice and the house now looks lovely, and the cakes went down a treat too.




Back home to hubby with the cakes we didn't eat!! (Sainsbury's had a 3 for 2 offer on brownies and macaroons!) and we're sat watching a little of the news when my neighbour rings me to ask if I'd like to join her, and the lovely Robbie, for "walkies" - well, the exercise will do me good so off I went! We are so very lucky where we are to have some lovely dog walking fields, however, some of them are considerably less accessible to my friend with her mobility scooter
and this is, luckily, one of the nicest as there are about five fields of varying shapes sizes and interests so you can go a different way each day! Robbie has now been there twice ....... and LOVES it! Bless - Today we met a "Wichon" - which is, apparently a cross between a Westie and a Bichon Frise - a delightfully curly concoction, answering to the name of TED!!! (methinks, Teddy Bear might be the rationale behind his name).

Anyway, after successfully concluding our walk it was back to Jenny's for a beverage - too hot for tea so a glass of ginger beer was in order before heading home to open my post.
In my post was a letter from my Isle of Skye trading card buddy and the materials for my latest challenge as seen here . . . . do check back tomorrow to see what I make of it!!

2 comments:

My name is Wynneth said...

Sounds like you had a lovely day to me! Robbie is such a handsome boy ;O) Can't wait to see what you do with your ATC challenge materials ;O)

hugs
wynneth
x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Looks like a fun time was had by all Kathy. Can't wait to see your ATC tomorrow. Lx