Friday, 20 August 2010

Friday Funny

And now for my Celebration themed card . . . I used the sketch again loosely and a fab Forever Friends image with the sentiment included. I coloured the image using my Pro Marker blender pen again and Pro Markers, highlighting with glitter. I then used a scalloped rectangle to die cut round the image before mounting on to the two circles which were then attached to the purple dotted Colossal paper. I used my spotty ribbon (a Florida purchase) adhered to a lilac strip and then attached to the Colossal panel. On to that I attached the purple circle attached with one of my Costco scrap kit flower brads and then finished my card with one faux pearl and two faux gemstones - hope you like it.
Right well, here it is, Friday again and I'm off to the home of fellow crafter, Lilian and her hubby Ron - she has threatened to ply me with apple pie and cream (or custard - I left the choice to her) whilst Steve is at his model show, which is now all set up and ready to rock and roll tomorrow.
And here's this week's Friday funny . . . .


DO NOT TALK TO MY PARROT!!!

Wanda's dishwasher quit working so she called a repairman. Since she had to
go to work the next day, she told the repairman, "I'll leave the key under
the mat. Fix the dishwasher, leave the bill on the counter, and I'll mail you a ch
eque."

"Oh, by the way don't worry about my bulldog Spike. He won't bother you. But,
whatever you do, do NOT, under ANY circumstances, talk to my parrot!" "I
REPEAT, DO NOT TALK TO MY PARROT!!!"

When the repairman arrived at Wanda's apartment the following day, he
discovered the biggest, meanest looking bulldog he has ever seen. But, just
as she had said, the dog just lay there on the carpet watching the repairman
go about his work.

The parrot, however, drove him nuts the whole time with his incessant
yelling, cursing and name calling. Finally the repairman couldn't contain
himself any longer and yelled,

"Shut up, you stupid, ugly bird!"


To which the parrot replied, "Get him, Spike!"

9 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Lovely card,Kathy....one of my favourite Forever Friends stamps.Have [another!] fun crafty day.

My name is Wynneth said...

heeee......heeeee...... ;O) great way to start the day on a wet and misty cornish friday morning - thank you my dear :O)

Have a great and crafty time, wish I was coming with you - who ate all the pie? that'll be you then LOL

hugs
wynneth
x

Emma said...

Lovely card and enjoy the apple pie, cream or custard!! :)

Have a lovely weekend...and thank you for your comment on my blog! It means a lot...
Hugs Emma
x

Brenda Brown said...

Hi Kathy. I am back from holiday - and wow it's been a long time since I have signed in and I have missed all your wonderful work. You have been busy.
I have just enjoyed 10 minutes catching up with your blog and seeing what you have been creating and DOING!!!!, lots of lovely eye candy for me to look at and news to catch up on. You seem to have had fun with Lauren and Wynneth, I love the photos and what a great time in Newcastle - my husband has family in the area and were only saying this week we must go back up visit.
Thanks for your lovely comments on my scheduled posts while I have been away. I've had a great time with my children and grandchildren but I am raring to get the creative juices flowing again.
I will be back soon.
Luv B xxxxx

Louise said...

Lovely card. That FF stamp is so cute and I love all the bps.
(I'm on a campaign to get Mum to take me to Costco next time she goes to get food- I'm not sure she is going to be too happy with me buying any more stuff though when she sees how much I have got. All my things have to be moved back to her house next week!)

Lauren Hatwell said...

Fab Friday Funny Kathy and a fab card to boot. Love it. Lx

Fleur said...

Great card Kathy & your parrot story brought a smile to my face,
Have a lovely weekend
Hugz fleur xXx

Dana said...

Very cute joke! tee hee!

Karen said...

Lovely card Kathy and the parrot story made me smile too.
xx