Monday, 30 August 2010

MORNING!!!

Monday again - only 36 days till I head off to Florida to meet up with my crafting buddies - not that I'm counting you understand!! M U C H !!!



Anyhoo, back to the more immediate job in hand! Yesterday, Lauren revealed her themed challenge for the week (over on Craftbubble on the Craft Mad & Loving It group) to be "It's in the bag"!!! Well I had the immediate idea for this one and went off and cracked on with it right away and set to work using one 12" x 12" sheet of the fantabulous (and often mentioned) double sided papers (though almost heavy enough to be card) from Costco. I also ran a piece of gold card through my die cut machine inside the fabby swiss dots embossing folder and then tied a piece of pink organza ribbon in to a knot before adding some pink mulberry paper. I stamped the Paper Artsy silhouette stamp on to white card which I then treated to Distress Inks in Tea Dye and Victorian Velvet. Hubby very kindly donated a disc of self adhesive velcro to close the bag and there you have it - front and side views. You can Lauren's own beautiful take on the challenge . . . here




I also managed to notch up an ATC yesterday evening using another piece of the Costco stripey paper and another Paper Artsy image along with two small panels of fawn and ginger card. A retro flower cut from Coredinations brown card, painted with rock candy crackle glaze and Distress Ink in Tea Dye rubbed in to the cracks before attaching to the layered up image panel and held in place with an antiqued star shaped brad (from the Costco scrap book kit). I added some ribbons and thread before attaching the panel to the ATC - hope you like this too. It was getting a bit late in the day so I'm afraid there was nothing for it but to photograph it using the flash, hence the glare from the IKEA easel I use to stand my work on to photograph - sorry.

5 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Gorgeous bag,Kathy...will be great with a pressie in it.

Cherry said...

I can't believe that trip is coming round sooo fast Kathy! Exciting or what! That is one fab bag - love your image and the colours you've gone for. A real winner - more to follow?

Great ATC too I love the flower against the formality of the image - really works.
Have a happy monday. Hugs Cherry XXX

My name is Wynneth said...

Two wonderful masterpieces there Kathy, you have been busy ;O) Blimey, at the rate you are using up your precious Costco papers you'll be after raiding my set - gerroff, their mine, mine, mine....... ooops sorry got into Finding Nemo mode then ;O)

Seriously what great projects to use up this yummy paper on :O)

hugs
wynneth
x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Lovely bag. I like the way yours has a flap on it. Mine is just a very simple tube really, folded over at the top. Love the colour and that beautiful image.

Gorgeous ATC. I love that image and the paper is lush.

Looks like you've been busy there Mrs K. Lx

Brenda Brown said...

Great projects Kathy, love how you have made the bag. You are so good with your ATCs I never seem to find the time for them.
Take care. B xxxxx