Thursday, 5 August 2010

The Purple Princess is away on holiday .......


For just a few days, back on Monday night so please check back on Tuesday 10th for an update and maybe some photos . . . . .


In the interim, I made this last night as I was feeling in need of some crafting to ease me over the "shock" of the cost of my shocks!!! I usually struggle with masculine cards so this was the project that I set myself, using two sheets of 6x6 Coredinations and a piece of that WONDERFUL Costco double sided paper!, a small piece of white card, a small piece of gold mirri card and a short length of silver ribbon edged with brown (fab ribbon btw). I stamped the collage-y crown/clock image in versamark ink and heat embossed using gold detail powder (I tried it first with Roman Gold but it lost the detail) before rounding the edges and mounting on gold mirri and setting aside. I cut the gorgeous stripey Costco paper just a little smaller than my cream base card and distressed all round using my Tim Holtz Distressing tool. I cut a large panel of coredinations caramel and a slightly smaller brown coredinations panel and ran the caramel panel through my die cutter inside a snake skin embossing folder and then distressed the edges of both panels. Next, I tied my lovely ribbon round the embossed panel and in to a knot (it didn't work when I tried for a bow!). I next adhered the brown panel and then the embossed caramel panel and then my image panel and there you have the piccie you see here - hope you like it. It WILL be the last crafting till I get back as hubby has even veto'd my taking images and pro markers to do colouring in!!!

1 comment:

My name is Wynneth said...

And what a triumph of a man's card it is too Kathy - really nice ;o)
hugs
wynneth
x