Thursday, 19 August 2010

Thursdays coming along nicely . . . .

Thursday already and the hunt for my mojo is ramping down - I THINK it may be on its way back but its too soon to tell, we shall have to see what today brings on the crafting front.

It COULD be a bit of a craftfest this weekend as hubbys got a model show in Thornbury to attend so will be setting up this afternoon and attending all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday!!


I've already arranged to go visit my hospitalised pal, Dorothy this afternoon and crafting pal, Dudley (aka Lilian) tomorrow but the rest of the weekend is my crafting oyster.


Since I have some yummy new goodies, courtesy of the Bristol Craftathon last weekend where Lauren, Wynneth and I led each other astray on the shopping front (despite Lauren and I laying the blame at Wynneth's feet!! how mean are we?) I might just break those out and get cracking. I was pleased to finish the scrap challenge set on August 2nd and now have the two challenges set for this week over on craftbubble's Craft Mad & Loving It group - bubbles and celebrations - how hard can they be? Well, I managed to complete a sketchie this week, it had to be an easel card and feature bubbles so I think this fits the bill. I decided to colour this very lightly so went over most of it with my blender pen pen (pro marker) first and then highlighted colour before going over again with the blender - a brilliant colouring technique for when you don't want too strong a colour. I cut out circles of three shades of purple card and also a purple mulberry paper. I used my new woodware cutters "stamp" blade to cut a strip of purple for the base and to edge the corner piece too and one of the wonderful "bubble" brads from my new Costco scrap book kit seemed perfect for the base along with two clear acrylic "bubbles" to highlight the purple circle. The image and sentiments were Popcorn the bear unmounted rubber stamps acquired during my recent trip to Newcastle. Hope you like it - onwards and upwards. One more challenge for CMLI which is the "celebration" theme and half a dozen ATC's and then I'll be up to date - in time to start again!!!
Till next time dear reader/s!

4 comments:

Denise Clark said...

Love this little guy amid all those sparkly bubbles! Adorable! Fun card!

clare said...

glad to see your mojo is back. lovely bubbly!!!

judie said...

great to see you at it again, brill card, love the bubbles

hugs
judie xx

My name is Wynneth said...

lovely bubbly card Kathy :o) think your mojo has led mine astray as I'm struggling to cope without it at the moment - not a helpful situation :O( Lucky girl to have a whole weekend to do with what you will ;O) Have fun LOL
hugs
wynneth
x