Tuesday, 24 August 2010

Tuesday again and I wonder what the weather has in store today

Don't know about you all but yesterday started out to be a beautiful day but before 11:00 it was coming down in buckets and then it was a beautiful day and then again with the buckets!! Just could NOT make up its mind! So, got my waterproofs, wellingtons (galoshes) sun hat and sun cream today - just to be sure!
Anyhoo much of yesterday was spent crafting because of the weather and you may already have seen the three ATC's I posted too. Well here's a couple more I knocked up yesterday evening - having decided I was done with the masculine theme I headed back to my comfort zone! Well, the one on the left (in my fave purplicious colour) started off with the offcut of the white scalloped edge (leftover from a previous strip cut with my new woodware cutter) so I cut two more strips in shades of purple with the same edge, each one a little wider than the last. I had some nice lilac paper with a couple of words on (the words didn't matter as I planned to cover them anyway). I stamped the Paper Artsy Diamond text stamp in Distress Dusty Concord and set aside to dry before attaching the three strips of scalloped card. I then stamped the Harlowesque image, again in Dusty Concord and coloured in her skin and hair with Pro Markers before attaching her to the diamond text/scalloped strip ATC and then finished her off with five purple faux gemstones.
Now to the "I could have danced all night" ATC, I don't recall the stamp manufacturer but I do recall I bought it in Florida at the Clearwater Stampfest on the Bay! I used a fancy fiskars corner punch on my plain black card which I then adhered on to a white ATC and set aside to allow the glue to dry before adding a faux gemstone in the centre circle of the fancy corner. I then die cut a scalloped oval in silver mirri card. I stamped my dancing couple twice, once on white card and once on gold paper. I cut out the dancers dress from the gold and discarded the remains of that image. I coloured the black and white image using skin white copic marker and Atyou Spica glitter pens and then (using my xyron sticker maker) applied adhesive to the gold dress and placed on the black and white image before sticking to the mirri oval and then both panels to the black card and there you have "I could have danced all night"! Hope you like them both - your comments are all read and appreciated so thanks for taking the time to look.
BUT the bad news is that blessed mojos gone walkabout again! I made two more ATC's later in the evening - both pants and not worthy of photographing - it's very hit and miss this week, this creativity lark!!!
Want Halloween candy? Then do pop over to Penny Black at the Daily Marker and check this out!!

2 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Two more great ATCs Kathy, love the purple one - but then that's just you isn't it hehe.
Luv B xxx

My name is Wynneth said...

Two little beauties Mrs K! Love them both :O)
hugs
wynneth
x