Monday, 23 August 2010

Wotcher peeps

Good weekend? I certainly did, I was indulging my crafting fetish because hubby was out all day each day from Friday to Sunday. Thankfully, he was having fun too so I didn't have to feel even slightly guilty about the lack of domesticity!!

You've already seen (if you've looked through my posts of the last few days) what I've been up to and the only thing left to show you was this card here on the right . . . which I ran up last evening. I always struggle with masculine cards but this wonderful piece of Costco stripey paper was just calling to me to be used. I had some small pieces of DCWV and Coredinations linen finish card left and this seemed like a way to use them as so many of the colors appear within the stripes! So I went with masculine . . . the two images are by Paper Artsy and I distressed the edges of some of the card with my rusty Tim Holtz distressing tool (FABBBBB). I used my spiral edge punch on the olive piece to make it look like a page from a notebook. I used my retro flower punch (in two sizes) and the last little piece of the caramel card for the small flower plus the reverse side of the wonderful Costco stripey paper for the large flower. The centre of the flower was an aged look star brad which came from the Costco Scrap book kit. I had some left over distress ink on a foam pad (colour combo unknown) which I used to tint the white paper the images had been stamped on and make them less glaringly white. Hope you like it.
Have a wonderfully Mellow Monday and do keep checking back on this blog to see what I've been up to, thanks for looking - I do appreciate any and all comments.

6 comments:

clare said...

morning, love your vintage style card. have a good day. X

Katiejane said...

Oh Kathy sounds like a peaceful weekend. Your masculine card is great, I also struggle with them as I never really know how to embellish them without it looking too girly. The stripes and your punch along with the distressing has really made this card with no need for embellishments, well done you!
Have just came home from dropping the kiddies off for their first day....it's so quiet :(
Have a great day, Katie x

scrappyjacky said...

Love this card,Kathy.....am a great lover of Paperartsy stamps.Definately a perfect male card...I tend to avoid doing them as well!

Karen said...

Lovely Kathy.
If you pop over to my blog, there's a little something there for you.
xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Oh this is lovely. Really love that vintage stylee. Great papers and a great image. Lovely to see you using that fab EKS punch too. Perfick I reckon. Congrats on your well deserved awared btw. Lx

My name is Wynneth said...

I really like this kathy, that stripey paper is absolutely perfect and that's a great image and wonderful layout. Thanks for nominating me for the award, will go off and put it on my blog and follow the conditions ;O)
hugs
wynneth
x