Tuesday, 28 September 2010

2nd post for Tuesday - please scroll down for the earlier post

Thought I'd best make some ATC's as I had two letters to answer and four ATC's to send out and only two in my collection . . . . Given the close proximity to Halloween I thought it only right and proper (that and the fact one of my good friends kindly gave me some Inkadinkado Halloween stamps) I should make some Halloween ATC's . . . so here they are and yes, you guessed it - I also used distress inks in Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Dusty Concorde and Black Soot!!! With the "Spooky" ATC I stamped the ghostly image on to white card (using memento ink in tuxedo black) and then coloured using liquitex pearl before sprinkling liberal amounts of holographic ultra fine glitter for extra sparkle! The cobwebs are stamped using Spiced Marmalade. I also added three glittery "water droplet" gems across the Dusty Concorde panel at the bottom.







With the Happy Halloween ATC I stamped the Haunted Mansion on to white card and just dabbed Spiced Marmalade to lose some of the bright whiteness. I stamped a whole cobweb image (doesn't show up that great in the photo though) in Spiced Marmalade too before over stamping the sentiment in Memento ink (tuxedo black, same as I used on the haunted mansion). I finished it off with a couple more of those glittery water droplet gemstones - aren't they great (the gemstones that is) - though I do hope you like my ATC's too.




On a bit of an ATC roll today - I KNOW I SAID I was going to work on Christmas cards OR scrap layouts but hey . . . plans change!! So I set off with my Peeled Paint distress inks and coloured some white card a rather fetching green! I then took my Hero Arts (large) background stamp and inked with Peeled Paint and laid it inked side up before applying my coloured paper on top and then brayered - to ensure good coverage of such a large stamp. I then adhered them to two ATC's and cut them out. I also inked up my skull and my crow images in memento ink (tuxedo black) and cut round them, inking the skull lightly with Distress Ink Peeled Paint and the Crow image with Dusty Concorde just to lose the "bright" white a bit. Additionally, I stamped some bats and then finished the skull card by doodling round the background stamp with my glue pen before sprinkling ultra fine glitter.





For my crow ATC I stamped the sentiment in tuxedo black and also stamped my corner "cobwebs" using Peeled Paint and again finished by doodling with my glue pen and the sprinkling with ultrafine glitter.




I hope you like my spooky selection - your comments are, as always, greatly appreciated.




All of the stamps used in today's ATC's are by Inkadinkado EXCEPT the large background stamp which is Hero Arts.

4 comments:

My name is Wynneth said...

A spookyliscious set of ATCs you've created Mrs K :O) I think my fav has to be the Haunted House though. I really love that one, that is a great image. I had a sad lack of halloween images in my stamp stash - I'm sure you'll be amazed to hear!! I do love the vintage effects of these and I know the recipients will love them too :o)
hugs
wynneth
x

Dora said...

Ha ha these are nice, I love the Spooky one most .. so spooky booo :) xxx

Brenda Brown said...

Ooooooh, spookily fab ATCs Kathy. You have done a great job with the images. I don't have any halloween stamps - tho dood buy a small set of sentiments a while ago. I will have to have a play when I get home.
I have been making some small cards in the evenings so will have some to post next week.
B xxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Hmmm, still no sign of my comment Kathy. Lets have another go. I love these ATC's. They're Spooktacular. Particularly love the green and the backgrounds. Lovely sparkle too. Lx