Monday, 6 September 2010

2nd post of the day - don't forget to check out my earlier post!!

Don'cha just love sunsets? I do. We've had some pretty freaky weather today and it's predicted to continue but, during a lull in the rain I nipped out and took these too - within moments of one another but one set to black and white and the other not - which one's nicest????
I've been indoors all day, trying to sift through some of the clutter and get rid of it, the problem is that it's remnants of peoples lives and not just any people but family and its really (really) hard to just get rid of it all. All the old photographs that previous generations have treasured. I am fortunate that my hubby's parents thought to include little notes on the reverse of many of them which has helped to identify the year, location, names, ages and sometimes all of them, which is going to make scrap booking them a whole lot easier. I know when I went through the loop with my own parents memories I was stumped on a number of them and we ended up not really keeping as many as we might otherwise. The reason for this sudden mission? About ten days ago we bought one of these whizzy all in one scanner, copier printers so it seemed like the perfect time to scan all of the photos on to our PC thus making it easier to part with the paper versions not used in the scrap book exercise but I did find it rather harrowing to read letters received by my late MIL telling her that her husband of only months was missing presumed captured in 1942. It has to be said that this is probably going to take me a while to get through and I may or may not share all of the layouts on this blog - some may be too personal. Wish me luck and a prevailing hanky!

4 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

So difficult Kathy, they are the sorts of things you want to put in a treasure box and hand on to other members of the family - or are some of them museum pieces now? (Not being rude like.) Good luck.
Colour photo for me, just love the wispiness of the colours mixing and merging on the horizon.
Have a good evening. Luv B xxx

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Both pics are awesome Kathy and it's hard to choose between them.
I don't envy you your task in sifting through all those memories. It's going to be several hankies me thinks you'll be needing. I wish you both peace while doing it all.

My name is Wynneth said...

Kathy! fancy asking a Piscean to choose between two options! I ask you! Well, this time I just can't choose as each has it's own fabulous attributes. B&W image is more atmospheric and the other one displays the fabulous array of colours. Lovely phots BTW :O)
hugs
wynneth
x

My name is Wynneth said...

Forgot to say how I don't envy you in so many ways sorting through these family memories, but it is fascinating to revisit lives long past - very emotional though - sending you warm hugs to help you through it sweetie :O)
hugs
wynneth
x