Thursday, 9 September 2010

2nd post of the day - don't forget to check out my earlier post!!

Woo hoo - on a bit of crafting roll again today - wanted a bit of a change from scrap booking (whilst obviously not abandoning my project totally) so I set about an entry for the I Love Pro Markers Challenge #31, the topic for which was TRANSPORT - view the challenge details here. I really couldn't make up my mind which image to use so I stamped up four and coloured them all in using my pro markers (shades of grey for the tyres and chrome and purples for the wheel guard) and then highlighted appropriate areas with Plaid dimensional gloss since my diamond glaze appears to be spoiled!!! Anyway, once I'd finished and my "gloss" had dried I made up three of the images in to cards and then photographed them before finally deciding which one to enter in to the challenge . . . . I chose the "Cruising" motorcycle image. I used a square white card blank and adhered a purple mottled card panel (slightly smaller than my base card), I then cut out a piece of an old road map and "aged" it further by using distress inks in Dusty Concord, Vintage Photo and Black soot before adhering to my purple panel to the top left corner. I mounted my motorcycle image on to grey card leaving a very narrow border and then adhered that to my purple/map panel to the bottom right. I stamped my Kanban sentiment on white card and due cut a circle, cutting a slightly larger circle from the same purple card and mounting top right. I then finished the card by adding one large purple Faux gemstone and four small black pearls.




You can see the "also rans" here . . . . with my "camper van" on the left and my beetle on the right - now tell me you prefer one of these!!



The camper van and beetle (both stamps by Kanban) were both coloured using pro markers, the van using grey/green and ivory mostly and the beetle using magenta and red. I also stamped a Paper Artsy fern to act like a "hedge" on the camper van and my beautiful Penny Black Fantasy tree served a similar purpose on the beetle. I drew in an imaginary piece of road to "ground" my vehicles. The camper panel was then mounted on to stardream card in dark blue and pale green, the ribbon was from Michaels and the dufex sentiment was donated to me so source unknown. The beetle was mounted on to red (donated by Lauren - thanks Lauren) and then on to a camel colour and red organza ribbon (again from Michaels) looped at the top before adhering to silver mirri card. I hope you like both of the also rans . . .



Anyway, back to the scrap booking ...............

This is the second layout featuring the wedding of hubby's parents in April of 1941 and features the bride showing off the beautiful rear view of her wedding dress and also a couple of pictures of the happy couple, we both believe these photographs to have been taken at the home of the brides family in St. Paul's Road, Gloucester. I used a 12" x 12" of mottled pink paper as the base for my layout, cutting a slimmer white panel, using my fiskars fancy edge punch and then using distress inks in Spun Sugar and Victorian velvet before attaching the two smaller photographs and then adding seven glittered "water droplet" stones between the two. I used some self adhesive "faux lace" (from the Costco scrap booking kit) top to bottom down the centre of my large photo panel. I cut a piece of white card slightly larger than my photo and distressed it using Tea Dye, Vintage Photo, Aged Mahogany and Black Soot. Once the photo was stuck to this panel I then tied a bow of white organza ribbon across the corner before adhering it to my pink base card. I then used a couple more of the glittered water droplets in the centre of the lace design and there you have it.


Hope you like what I've been up to today and now, with the weather so nice and hubby at the field, making the most of it, I think it's time for a cup of coffee which I hope to enjoy in the garden.


Catch you all tomorrow peeps - have a lovely afternoon and evening

10 comments:

Fleur said...

Gorgeous cards Kathy, sorry not been around much, have kidney stones, finding a bit easier now I'm drugged up.
Love the use of the old road map - I made some bunting a while back & used old road maps with places we'd visited, will show and tell later.
Big Hugz Fleur xXx

Lilian said...

Well done on the cards Kathy, I love the one of Steves parents wedding very nice,
Take care Lilian x

Karen said...

Great cards Kathy and a lovely LO too, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

I don't prefer one of the others but I do think they're all FAB. I think the one you picked to enter is the best and I love the "not over the hill yet" sentiment too.

I see you still had one more LO in you too. The main picture is so striking with that beautiful train.

Top job Mrs. You have earned your cup of coffee in the garden. Enjoyyyyyyy

Lauren x

Brenda Brown said...

You have had a great day. No I love the first card posted. The others are good too and I am loving seeing your family LOs.
B xx

Tine said...

Hi Kathy. You are busy! Great entry for our challenge, but your 'also rans' are not bad either!! LOL. Thanks for finding the time to join us this week at I ♥ Promarkers.
Tine :)

katesacraftybugger said...

great cards Kathy , love the sentiment on the motorbike one !thanks for joining us at I ♥ promarkers this week -Kate x

My name is Wynneth said...

Oooo... Kathy I love your transport cards, all of them are fabulous, but I do think you selected the best of a great bunch as your entry for this week's I ♥ Promarkers, thanks for playing along with us :o)

I am so enjoying sharing your scrapbooking layouts, you are doing such a great job with them, true works of art and a fabulous way to save these precious memories.

hugs
wynneth
x

Lorraine said...

Ooooh, I like that. Great idea with the map. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

WeirdCat said...

Great selection of transport cards, love the first one, thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
Ruth x