Sunday, 26 September 2010

2nd post of the day - don't forget to check out my earlier post!!

Second post of the day but I think it will also be the last . . . will try to only do one post per day through the week - you guys have enough to do without having to keep checking on what I'm up to - though I do appreciate each and every one of my followers and love to read your comments.
Oh my, the trouble one little card can be . . . . who would have thought that my friend's request for a religious card could possibly have presented me with that much trouble. The trouble is that I'm not a particularly religious person myself and consequently my taste in stamps and images is really pretty secular. I did rather gleefully fall upon this one stamp, which happened to be one my mum left to me - it's plainly a Christmas stamp as it has a holly border and is of the congregation heading in to Church - so there I was, sorted. I embossed the image with silver embossing powder on to heavy weight watercolour paper, before colouring in using a combination of pro markers (which don't really suit embossing particularly well) and mica paints (mixed with gum arabic rather than water - to make the colour stronger). Whilst wet I sprinkled ultrafine glitter over the whole image and shook off the excess, additionally I highlighted areas with holographic stickles. I ripped round the image roughly and then went round the edges using a silver versacolor ink pad. I then "sacrificed" some gorgeous kanban silver and white card to put on my base card (I have been lovingly keeping this since it was part of the Christmas in July TSV in 2009!). I also had some pretty lush deep green linen effect card which I also ripped so that it was slightly larger than my image panel and edged that with the silver pad too. I then wound some twine round the green panel, taping in to place on the reverse before sticking it at a jaunty angle on to the silver/white card and then adhered the image panel in an upright position on top. I computer generated the "O come all ye Faithful" sentiment and then matted on more of the green linen effect card before siting top right. I finished the outside of the card by adding some self adhesive glittery water droplets to the sentiment and dark green panel. For the insert, I printed the words to O come all ye Faithful and for the envelope I stamped a snowflake and highlighted with stickles and there you have it - the closest thing to a religious card I could come up with, I do hope that both Dorothy and her daughter like it. Your comments, as always, are appreciated.

Hope you have a lovely Sunday - I'm off to do a bit of vaccuuming and tidying as we have dinner guests this evening, catch you all tomorrow.

7 comments:

Debs M x said...

i would have had the same trouble Kathy, i think you did spectacularly well x

My name is Wynneth said...

An excellent creation Kathy, even more so as it is so far out of your comfort zone. I am sure they'll be delighted with it and at least you've got it out of the way now!
hugs
wynneth
x

Fleur said...

Your cards are fab Kathy, Hope dinner went well
Hugz fleur xXx

Brenda Brown said...

It's a lovely card Kathy, gorgeous colours and colouring snd the image works really well.
Hope you've had a great evening.
Luv B xxx

Dora said...

Hi Kathy, you're still up like me... he he its 15mins past midnight here.. Yes kids start late Sep here and finish mid June. Don't know which I prefer best, if its them at school or not, 'cos they always give me a hard time to do their studying and hw!!!! Love your card, that paper looks so nice. Come to think of it, me too don't have any religious images.... Hope your dinner went well xxx

Katiejane said...

I think you did a great job Kathy and I love your use of a hybrid sentiment.
I'm sure Dorothy will love it, it deffinately has a Religious feel to it.
Katie x

Lauren Hatwell said...

I wouldn't have know where to start quite frankly and I was a Sunday School Teacher once (I kid you not). I love what you've done. Its very subtle, very pretty and very appropriate. Top job

Lauren x