Friday, 3 September 2010

2nd post of the day - please scroll down for earlier post

Hi there,


I was perusing the Bah Humbug blog and spotted their new challenge here which was to make a project featuring a Christmas Carol - so I picked "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" and decided to use one of the first two stamps I EVER bought, a tree shaped sentiment, for my card. I used some DCWV backing paper with baubles on, then a length of red/gold ribbon, some gold mirri card, dark green linen effect card and my white card on to which I stamped my sentiment (by Love you to bits) "image" using Brilliance ink in Pearlescent Thyme and then masked this image before inking up my Penny Black snowy tree with Pearlescent Ivy and stamping twice more. I used liquitex pearl to add snowy "highlights" to the tree and sprinkled holographic glitter over this. I then used holographic and gold stickles to highlight the star and starlight on the sentiment and then Distress Inks in Forest Moss and Weathered Wood round the edges of the image panel. I hope you like this card, another addition to my growing collection of Christmas cards. Please wish me luck with my entry too - the prize is a set of stamps designed by Jayne Nestorenko and the competition closes at 12 noon on Thursday September 9th 2010 so, if you are inspired by a Christmas Carol then why not have a go too?

9 comments:

Ann said...

oh love your stamp - how clever to buy such a fab stamp when it was your first. I bought some very cheapo rubbish to start with and then realised (too late) that quality is better than quantity.
Love your card and the way you have used the stamps - really effective.
Good luck in our monthly draw.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

My name is Wynneth said...

WOW! this is one beautiful chrimbo card Kathy :O) I love all the elements and the masking worked a treat :O) loving all that sparkle too :O) Good luck in the challenge too, might have to find a space in my diary to make an entry myself - I think I have just the stamp set for it!!!!
hugs
wynneth
x

Lilian said...

Love the card Kathy. Good luck with it. i think its lovely Take care lilian

Lauren Hatwell said...

Gorgeous trees; fabulous sparkle! What's not to like. Best of luck with the challenge Kathy. Lx

Debs M x said...

gorgeous! x

Brenda Brown said...

A real beauty Kathy, love that snowy effect.
Luv B xxx

Kathy said...

So pretty..this really gets me thinking holidays. So elegant :)

Dora said...

Your card is fantastic Kathy... love that snowy glitters xxx

Irene said...

Hello Kathy

Such a fabulous card - I love the idea of a tree sentiment and the masking of the other trees. Your distressing around the edge and sparkle give it a magical feel.

Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange.

irene
Bah!Humbug!