Wednesday, 22 September 2010

2nd post of the day - please scroll down for earlier post

Wotcher, me again,


Haven't had the chance to do much crafting today as real life got in the way as it sometimes does. But I DO have two wash loads hanging out on the line and I am hoping they won't get rained on before they get dry!!! I've been food shopping and DIY shopping, posted a pals birthday card and arranged to meet up with two friends. I tried inviting another down for coffee but she was out so that was a no then!!!


Anyway, got round to using the last of my craft club toppers which have proved very quick and easy to make and versatile on the occasion front. This one uses that fab coneflower again as well as distress inks in Tattered Rose, Antique Linen and just a little Spun Sugar. I placed post its in a vague diamond shape and then, starting with the lightest distress ink, started colouring the diamond. Once I finished coloring I removed and discarded the post its - they leave a lovely crisp line too! The silhouette image was then stamped using memento ink in tuxedo black and then the image panel was matted and layered on to two shades of grey card (one being a greener grey) and then on to a panel of distressed pinkish paper (another of the Costco double sided stash - I am getting huge amounts of use from this pack). I tied some twine twice round the panel and then in to a bow (twine courtesy of Lauren, thanks Lauren) and then added two "aged" eyelets to the bottom right. Hope you like it. What occasion do you think this might be best suited to then?


Catch you tomorrow peeps, have a fun evening.

5 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Work is getting in the way for me. Visits to schools, emails and paperwork - I love it really, but I just can't get much crafting and blogging done. Still have got some scheduled posts ready for when I am away, but I will have the laptop with me so can stay in touch.
Lovely card again, I think it's very versatile and could have any sentiment in on it really - I'm not sitting on the fence - honest.
Enjoy your evening too.
B xxxx

scrappyjacky said...

That coneflower certainly is fab...and a lovely colour you've used.

My name is Wynneth said...

This is beautiful Kathy, that coneflower is certainly ideal for this technique and I'm loving the pinks combination and that shape is fabby :O)

You really could use this card for any occasion, although I suppose being so pink it wouldn't work as a man's card!

hugs
wynneth
x

Katiejane said...

Smashing card Kathy and what a lovely little technique, I must remember to give that a go :)

It sounds like you have been a busy girl, I hope your washing dried before "Mother Nature" set in!

Katie x

Lauren Hatwell said...

What a stunning card Kathy. I know I've waxed lyrical about it already but I ADORE that coneflower stamp. Lauren x