Monday, 27 September 2010

Afternoon dear reader/s

Where have I been I hear you ask? WELL, I had a crafting buddy join me for a play date this morning, it involved a little light crafting, lunch and then some retail therapy . . . sound perfect? You are sooo not wrong!



Sheila arrived at a smidge after 10:00 so we got a coffee going whilst I explained this morning's project. I wanted to do a challenge card for the Craft Mad & Loving It group over on craftbubble and this week's theme is TREES. I have also found this simple and brilliant technique as demonstrated in the last issue of Craft Stamper and it really does look good (in my mind anyhoo) so I hoiked out post-its and set Sheila to work. Now, apparently, she's never worked with distress inks before either so this was entirely new territory to her. I apologise profusely for the quality of the photo of our two cards but . . . . I'm plainly a rubbish photographer!!! Here you can also see Sheila getting deeply distressed! and LOVING IT!!! I can't believe how differently our two cards came out despite using the same stamp! Here's a better picture of my own entry for this weeks challenge - I used distress inks in Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet and Dusty Concorde to achieve the background and the Penny Black Fantasy Tree was stamped using memento ink in tuxedo black. Unfortunately (because I craft at the speed of light) I'm not always as careful as I should be and the Paper Artsy Crow is there to cover up a gap in my tree - DOH!!! but actually, I rather like it! I mounted my image panel on to a pearlised lilac card (very narrow border) and then on to silver hologram card. I then tied some rather yummy lilac organza (courtesy of Michael's Crafts Store) in to a knot at the top before adhering my panel and finishing my card - hope you like it.



Anyhoo, we then abandoned our mess (see earlier photo in my dining room - indicating some form of disaster!) and headed for Carole's Crafts in Whitchurch, Bristol. The same young lady as the Bristol Craftathon trip was on duty and almost ran screaming for the hills . . . but we were too quick for her and shopped, once more, for England - the economy is SAVED peeps! In fact we were so exhausted by our shopping that we had to leave our baskets at the till and go and partake of lunch before going round again!!!! A very nice Red pepper and mushroom quiche with salad was the order of the day and fortified us for yet more shopping. Of course, never ones to give less than our all, we headed to Hartcliffe to visit WHAT! afterwards and bought still MORE craft stuff before heading home to stroke our stash . . . and, in my case, photograph it to post here - cop a load of this lot peeps . . .


Last trip to Carole's Crafts I bought this little set of drawers but Wynneth's need was greater than my own and I selflessly sent her home with my own . . . so I simply HAD to get them again, for my pro markers! I bought cello bags, Cosmic shimmer mist spray, stickles, masculine coloured cord, linen effect card, Crafts Companion stamp, circular template, spare blade and cutting edge for my woodware trimmer, some long pins and some lightly patterned paper in three colourways at 20p per sheet - whaddya reckon? Did I earn that cup of tea?


Hope you've had as much fun as Sheila and I and SAFE JOURNEY SHEILA.

7 comments:

My name is Wynneth said...

Whoa!!! That's a mighty fine stash haul you got there Mrs K!!! Sounds to me like you've had the perfect day :O) Jealous? Moi? Yup :O( I do love the post it technique you've mastered so brilliantly and that tree - well, what can I say? it's perfick, just perfick for this purpose :O) Loving both the cards and the colour combos used, must try the technique again, didn't work out my first try as I chose the wrong image to overstamp it - doh!!
hugs
wynneth
x

Debs M x said...

love the distressing effect! looks like you had a great day x

clare said...

love that tree and more great stash there too. x

Cherry said...

What a perfect day Kathy. So jealous. Those cards are divine - as you say such different looks with just different colours. That stamp is magnificent and the raven just works (would always have thought it was there by intention). Really must give this a go. Lunch sounds yummy too and obviously the new acquisitions are all scrummy - now a nice eve relaxing and stash gazing. Happy times indeed. Hugs Cherry XXX

Craftyrose said...

Sounds like you've had a fantastic day Kathy! my work colleague has just moved to Whitchurch. I might have to ask her where this craty shop is. I have itchy fingers already! xx

Brenda Brown said...

Great day had by all - lovely stash and gorgeous cards. Amazing where the time goes isn't it?
take care. Luv B xxx

jackid said...

I have some of those little draws Ka thy they are brilliant for keeping pencils and art stuff in mines full of sakura pens and watercolour pencils and soon some pro markers when they eventually get here glad you had a good enjoyable day and love the tree cards
Jacki xx