Thursday, 23 September 2010

Bet you're wondering where I've been today!

Another one of those funny old days . . . . ever get them?


This morning I decided to visit a friend for a cuppa, as I arrived she and her daughter were in their car ready for the off . . . so I dashed across the road to say "Hi, sorry to have missed you - another time perhaps" but they were going to Kingswood (a local shopping area) and did I want to go . . . so I did. We did a little shopping and then back for a coffee so I was home for a late lunch. Then another friend rang me - did I want a cuppa and a natter with her and that was pretty much my day gone. Home again by 4pm and some crafting!


As you can see from these first two cards I have used the same image and coloured one in a splendid Christmas-y blue and the other in shades of purple - well wouldn't you put money on that then? For the blue card I used some DCWV Christmas-y paper, a white die cut scallop edged oval which I coloured using Broken China distress inks. I cut round the image (leaving a border across the bottom) and, once I'd attached the scalloped oval to the DCWV panel and some spotty ribbon to that, attached my image over the top and then highlighted with stickles. I had some clear self adhesive epoxy stickers saying "Merry Christmas" so took the opportunity to use those on two of these.



The lilac image was cut down just a little and the corners rounded. I used a piece of a Colossal Paper collection as the backing paper and some purple ribbon edged in gold an tied in a knot and then again, the clear epoxy sentiment.



For the third card I again used a stamped image sent to me by a fellow crafting buddy (so my thanks go out to both generous "donors" - Karen and Cherry), coloured using pro markers and then cut out. I die cut a white scallop edged oval and then (using the dtp method) coloured using versamark silver ink. For my backing panel I used DCWV glittered card and rounded the edges. I tied narrow red organza around my DCWV panel and tied in to a knot before attaching the oval panel and then my image and finally finished off with a green epoxy sticker saying "Seasons Greetings" and there you have it - another three cards for my collection.



And, basically, that's what I've been up to today, no housework, no laundry, no food shopping - absolute HEAVEN!!!


Also need to send out get well soon vibes to ScrappyJacky and BlueBertie as they are both underwhelmed by colds! Feel better soon ladies - missing you in blogland!

And I thought I would love to share my sunset with you too.




How about you lot, dear readers - did ya miss me???? (you don't HAVE to answer that!).

9 comments:

Debs M x said...

loving that stamp Kathy, 3 gorgeous cards and sounds like you had a great day! x

jackid said...

Wow Kathy what a goreous sunset it's thunder and lightning here love the cards by the way and you gave me a blast from the past when you mentioned Kingwood that was the name of my school
jacki xx

Louise said...

Beautiful cards Kathy- I have to admit the purple one does look superb! (Knowing this is your favourite colour!) Spooky we chose to use the same image today isn't it?

My name is Wynneth said...

I would have missed you Kathy, if I hadn't been MIA myself all day ;O) Had a great time at Westpoint and manged to get a few bargains by asking for a quantity discount!!! Yes, Wynneth made them all do it!!!

Three stonking cards today Mrs K!!! Loving the WoJ images and lovely colours and papers too :o)

Sounds like you had a heavenly day - if I hadn't have had such a great day myself, I'd been green with envy!!! LOL
hugs
wynneth
x

Fleur said...

Kathy your cards are fantastic, I love the image on the first one ~ she's very pretty.
Your sunset looks so pretty too
Hugz Fleur xXx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS Kathy. Lovely shading on those images if I may say so. Thanks so much for your well wishes. I'm flagging now so I'm off to bed. Hope my cold will be on the wain by tomorrow. I'm bored with coughing quite frankly. Nighty night and thanks for the eye candy. Three fabulous cards there. Lx

Brenda Brown said...

And there's me having to go to work. Glad you had a good day, sounds like you had alot of fun. Just don't know how you managed to make three great cards as well. Woo hoo.
Luv B xxxx

Lilian said...

More nice cards Kathy and with the way you have been busy its a wonder you have time. Take care lilian

Karen said...

Gorgeous Kathy, isn't she lovely to work with?

xx