Saturday, 4 September 2010

Careful - I'm on a roll - don't miss my earlier posts!

Blimey - three in one day - steady on!


Over on the craftbubble group Craft Mad and Loving It Clare produced a lovely sketch this morning and, frankly, I could hardly wait to get started so made a Christmas card (check out earlier posts to see both the sketch and my Christmas card) but I thought "why stop there" - the twist was to feature Zig Zags but let's try for a more masculine look. I'm trying to stretch myself as I find cards for men so hard to do . . . .
Anyway, I took a C6 cream card and two pieces of DCWV card. The dotty one seemed to sort of lend itself to having zig zags cut out to one side and the fab co-ordinating check seemed to cry out for distressing! I stamped the paper artsy stamp (from HP1004) in memento Tuxedo black before rounding the corners to the panel and then distressing using D.I.'s in Tea Dye, Vintage Photo. Spiced Marmalade and Aged Mahogany. I used double sided tape to attach two strips of gold/brown ric rac braid and infilled the exposed dst with wonderful brown glitter from Sparkle'n'Sprinkle and then finally added three pieces of brown card candy which looks like it's made from stardream card! And there it is - not sure how masculine it looks but I LIKE IT!!! I may try for another but I'm guessing it won't be today so do check back tomorrow and see what, if anything, I came up with! Thanks for looking and don't forget to check out the earlier posts too

8 comments:

clare said...

love this autumnal card kathy. thanks for joining my challenge this week. x

Cherry said...

I really like this card Kathy - the colours and texture really zing. I think it would work as a male card. You are steamin' today. Glad you are having such a fab time - thanks for always being so positive and generous with your comments. Hugs Cherry XXX

Lilian said...

Love this one kathy, The colours are so pretty. Well done. Take care Lilian x

Cath said...

This one is 'wild' - the colours are fab, so is the image - Gorgeous Card Kathy......

Cath said...

Luv this one Kathy - the colours are perfeck n so is the image - Brilliant.......

My name is Wynneth said...

A true masterpiece Kathy, loving the colours and that stamp is just perfect, it could work well for a man's card or any occasion really - a triumph!!
hugs
wynneth
x

Katiejane said...

This is stunning Kathy, excellent masculine colours and your ric rac/brads really add to the whole male look of the card.
Hope you're enjoying your weekend.
Katie x

Dora said...

Awww this is so nice Kathy, I love it, so elegant!